Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man I hate those pesky 914 head gaskets...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Malmz
I can't believe this car is getting what it is getting on the Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2457248534

"Some work on the engine will get this car running with few problems"

Sorry if the seller is on this board... congrats to the seller though for getting the bidding as high as it is!

sm
seanery
That's the one that Bowlsby thinks could possibly be a bumblebee that has been painted.
type47
1500 is too much? really? if it was in VA, i'd go inspect it and place a bid!
Malmz
Out here, yes, $1500 is too much for a car with a shelled motor, scratches, previous accident damage, and unknown rust.

sm
Mockmaw
Well, "out here," in your case, happens to be California where teeners seem to go for a lot less.

Maybe someone mailed the guy and found out more information about the car and thus placed a bid comparable to what the car's worth..

The ad is vague enough that many aspects of the car can be in almost any shape. Maybe the interior is flawless, it comes with fuchs, etc.. if enough components are in good condition or better, it may be worth at least $1500 as a parts car or perhaps even a project. The uncertainty, to me, makes it seem inappropriate to bad mouth the car..

..then again, the car could be a POS, in which case you'd be absolutely right.
Mockmaw
Okay, I'm a dumbass.. I thought the ad was in Virginia for some reason.. just realized it's in Gardena which does make it seem that the bid is rather high. Disregard my above comments (although, the car _may_ still have some value).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.