Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing Season 2004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
24 Hours of Daytona on SPEED! boldblue.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Watching this form of racing, I just don't understand why it's not as popular as NASCAR. Sportscar roadracing is the BEST. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
Curvie Roadlover
To me, this is SO MUCH better that watching a bunch of "good old boys" going around in circles.
seanery
YESSIR I agree!
campbellcj
Thank god for tivo...I thought Daytona was tomorrow for some reason. Oops.
d914
Just left, Had a buddy running in the HSR warm up until he ate a valve.....Stayed around to watch some of the qualifying then had to go home and see the kids...

Responsibility is a bitch...... confused24.gif
MattR
What races are you waiting for?

I think I'm going to go to Laguna Seca this year for the ALMS race October 16, and maybe Sears Point (sorry, Infineon Raceway...) too on July 18th.

I might run out to California Speedway for the Grand Am race on October 29th.

Maybe hit up a few SCCA Rally events too? And some CART races?
serge914
Thanks Sean, you saved my day, I thought it was next week.

I can't wait for the race at Mt-Tremblant wich is 1 hour from my place.
seanery
The #82 SGS 911 GT3 Cup car is based out of Indianapolis. One of the drivers owns two 914-6's. I posted about these cars last Fall. I don't know what has come out of them. The owner/driver owns Carrera Coatings Powdercoating, one of the sponsors of the team.

So, root for #82 in SGS. Right now it is in 6th in class, 26th overall (out of 54 cars).
Jeroen
Any online places to follow the race?

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Real Time Timing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.