Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Blower Motor Brushes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Does anyone have or know where I can find fresh air blower motor brushes?? Finally got the motor running, but 1 brush is broken into 2 pieces and the other is down to about 1/2 size. Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul
jea69
im shure you will get a replacement, but failing that you could get some oversized ones and just file them to fit ,did that alot in my vintage motorcycle aera beerchug.gif
Katmanken
Try Sears or a real hardware store. My Sears tool store has a tray of assorted brushes. If you can't find the one you need, buy closest oversize and file the carbon down. It's soft, easy, and messy at the same time.

If it's generator brushes for a VW beetle, you drill a hole in the side, push the old wire braid through and secure with solder.

Ken
AvalonFal
QUOTE(kwales @ Aug 14 2008, 09:41 PM) *

Try Sears or a real hardware store. My Sears tool store has a tray of assorted brushes. If you can't find the one you need, buy closest oversize and file the carbon down. It's soft, easy, and messy at the same time.

If it's generator brushes for a VW beetle, you drill a hole in the side, push the old wire braid through and secure with solder.

Ken

Thanks for the Sears tip. The fresh air motor brushes are fairly small - about 5mm x 6 mm. I just looked at over 600 brushes on Amazon.com, but none the exact size. So filing larger ones down is probably the quickest way to get this thing done with.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.