Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: have fun at dunkels everyone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Mike ginter is on his way out... did he make it problem free....

hope everyone has a good time, I'm jealous that I'm here working on the remodel instead of joining...

p.s. I haven't spoken about it much, but ginter is dragging back another teener for me... 3 at once is enought to drive my wife batty....

brant
seanery
I saw the mention of a green car and thought he got it for a driver.
brant
It was one of those deals that feel like fate.. just too good to pass on.

I haven't seen it with my own eyes.. but apparently its very rust free... The motor is out and the tranny is in bad shape.. BUT:

I just last month bought a spare known good 2.0 out of a car that ginter used to own.. so it seems like this was meant to be..

I gotta find a tranny and put the drive line back in and done... I think I'll be able to get it on the road in a weekend, If I can find a decent tranny... maybe 2 weekends if I have to build one.

Oh yeah... has anyone heard from the dunkels crew or are they still hung over.

brant
bernbomb914
just got back from Dunkels. Brad, Muller, Andy. andCharles from LNEngineering were sharing the same booth. They had mullers suspension tweeks plus Jakes DTM shroud and lots of nickeys sitting around. Andys Hair was very bright. got no pics because all my batteries were dead. I bought a minolta dimage 7 and it eats batteries faster than you can change them. saw mikes new blounde for sell on the grass display area looks very nice. I would guess there was 25 914s scattered around the display area all very nice. a lot of 912s plus hundreds of all the other models Had a nice time great weather The gang was going across the street to Hooters for lunch.

Bernie drunk.gif

Bernie
bernbomb914
some pics.
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
and more
bernbomb914
more
bernbomb914
and still more
bernbomb914
ya ya
bernbomb914
2 more
bernbomb914
The one with the red umbrella is mikez's
Aaron Cox
yeah! dunkels was ablast! nice to see some of you guys!
Joe Bob
I didn't see anybody.....
seanery
any nibbles on the car?
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif i saw you and blondie...got a little intimidated by the bunny ears. you and steve malmz were hangin out...didnt want to disturb ya wink.gif
DrifterJay
was fun...got some useless crap at the swap meet...but...had the most enlightening experience of my life (carwise) so far....saw a guy in the parking lot with a v8 (283) flared, 911suspensioned...914...ended up going for a joy ride in front of the show (silver one..) Yeah screw 6s...why go 6 when you can go for an 8...cheaper...faster...easier to maintain...and can cause small earthquakes....was kind of cool being thrown in the back of your seat..felt like I was at magic mountain or something...first time in a car with a v8 by the way...Yep, I see the light...I will own a v8 914 one day... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif smlove2.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
Jared
Joe Bob
What bunny ears....?
Aaron Cox
met mike mueller while talking to Ira Ramin (tarett). Nice guy!. way cool...yuummmmm v8 smile.gif

i cant believe i missed sirandy's Hair though!

i believe i saw elliot cannon's car there....heya mueba.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Mine was the one with bullet holes in the drivers door. They're just stick on but the kids in the hood think they're cool. I almost didn't make it with the 914. I was cleaning out carb jets just the night before. Got all the nastyness out and now it runs better than ever. I might even try adjusting my valves now. 500 miles since rebuild. Time to do the valves and change the oil.
Another great Dunkels Swap. I hope they continue this event in the future. I wish I had some pics for ya but I ain't quite digitized yet.
Cheers, Elliot
DrifterJay
cool car...similar to mine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.