Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I went to change my spark plugs today and when i went to pull one of them i dropped it and now i can't find it underneath the cooling tins. what all do i need to take off the engine to get the cooling tins off the engine? I know they just screw on, but what all do i have to remove? thanks everybody
KELTY360
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Aug 13 2008, 12:23 PM) *

I went to change my spark plugs today and when i went to pull one of them i dropped it and now i can't find it underneath the cooling tins. what all do i need to take off the engine to get the cooling tins off the engine? I know they just screw on, but what all do i have to remove? thanks everybody

This happened to me a while ago. It may be trapped between the tin and the head and you may be able to push it along with a long screwdriver til you can get access at the next plug hole in the tin. If you have a flex tool with a magnet at the end you could also probe around with that. Be patient and you may well find it without having to disassemble a lot of stuff.

Finding stuff I drop into cracks and crevices is one of my specialities....I get a lot of practice. dry.gif
justme
When I had my old 1.7 out to do the front mail & oil cooler seals I found 3 spark plugs after removing the tin to clean things up. I guess some people leave them in there just incase they need one or two in an emergency av-943.gif

Good luck!
Phil
Cap'n Krusty
A pencil sized extendable pocket magnet with a pretty strong tip should be useful here. It's something every person working on cars should own. Failing that, just leave the old plug in there. The Cap'n
turnaround89
Thanks everybody, so i will try to get it out with the magnet. if that doesn't work, leaving it in there won't hurt anything will it? I really don't want to leave it in there, but if i can't get then i will settle for leaving it.
r_towle
I would suggest that if you have never removed the head tin, its time.

There is typically alot of crap in there contributing to the engine running to hot.

If you decide to leave it in there, it wont be the first time.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.