Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: foglight wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fergus1
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda new here to the site and I have a question for the electrical people. My 914 did not have fogs when i bought it but it does have the wiring for them, i think (the extra wires that come out with the horn wiring?). I have a set of lights that i bought from camp914 and I'm now trying to install them. Where do the wires come out inside the car? Do I need to unscrew the fuse block? What color are the wires? I've tried to follow the diagram in the Haynes manual but with no luck. I'd also like to use a factory looking switch if not the real thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirk Ferguson
Joe Ricard
Basically you only need the switch.
under the dash far left near head light switch there should be 2 wires one purple and one black not connected to anything.
This actuates a relay that the other end of the white with yellow striped wires go to.

I have a switch that I will sell you cheap if you want.
914Sixer
You will have to pull down the fuse block and add a relay in the vacant holder in addition to the switch. Switch wires will be below the combo guage. Grey/red stripe is power, black/blue is light and brown to ground.

Joe Ricard
As you can see not all cars are exactly the same.

Or my feeble memory can't reach back 5 years ago. (possible)
SGB
You remember FIVE years ago? I don't even remember this morning!
Mark Henry
Try doing a search, Demick had a good how to on the wiring hook up, I did mine so it just works with the switch (stock it works with the low beams only)
I use mine for daytime running lights.

The switch is the same as the 914 defog switch and also it's a common early VW bug emergency 4-way lights switch, the only thing "special" is the insert in the knob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.