Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to put O2 sensor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
I need to upgrade my muffler. Now have a Monza, with a few very small holes. I plan to put in an AF ratio meter, and add a closed loop FI controller. Where would be the best place to put the O2 sensor on a stock muffler?? I was thinking of going to either a stock muffler, or a Bursch. I don't want too much noise. It looks as if with the Bursch, I could use one in the collector area. How loud are the Bursche versus factory 2.0 muflers? Thanks for the help. JoeO
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 13 2008, 05:43 PM) *

I need to upgrade my muffler. Now have a Monza, with a few very small holes. I plan to put in an AF ratio meter, and add a closed loop FI controller. Where would be the best place to put the O2 sensor on a stock muffler?? I was thinking of going to either a stock muffler, or a Bursch. I don't want too much noise. It looks as if with the Bursch, I could use one in the collector area. How loud are the Bursche versus factory 2.0 muflers? Thanks for the help. JoeO

Best to have it just prior to the single inlet of the muffler. If you have a dual inlet muffler, you only read half the exhaust....
jcd914
agree.gif

O2 Sensors don't work well cold. If you are putting it that far from the engine you should use a heated (3 wire) O2 sensor.

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.