Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about a NW 914 Breakfast in April?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Just wondering if there is any interest and where people might want to go. I am not a IHOP kind of guy but...somewhere with a good parking lot would be nice!

Does Hooters serve breakfast?
Geoff mueba.gif
Porsche Rescue
How about some place near Olympia, or halfway between Portland and Seattle. Didn't someone (maybe you Geoff) say there was a great breakfast place on I-5 in Washington?
Bleyseng
That was Eric Fry who said that....I have no idea where in Tacoma where to go as they are all greasy spoons to me.
My idea of a good breakfast is Dim Sum!
So that's why I was asking for imput on where. I have been talking to a few Seattle guys that are not on any of the BBS's and they would like to meet other guys and see their cars.
My car is not a "show and Shine" car at all anymore, hell it never was. I just could always take home a prize for being the "Newest Car". haha
I might take home the lowest car these days thou, damn near a lowrider.
Geoff
boxstr
Hey there is a Chevron station next to I5, if we hit on the right time and day, we can get some really good corndogs. Maybe the day old ones. They also have some really good looking sushi. It looks really fresh to me. Supersize the drinks, and they have a very clean restroom. I think it is at exit 81.
CCLinLOO
ChrisReale
Im game. Ill eat anything as well....just as long as it isnt shit laugh.gif
vwzach
Sounds like a good time.

--zach
Dave Cawdrey
I'm up fer it, as long as its around noon :cursor:
reverie
Olympia.. that would be a gute fahrt (nice drive).. about 1.5 - 2 hours from Seattle. I should have my 914 on the road by mid-April.. drove it home to Seattle from Portland, and now there's maintenance to do.. valve adj, tune-up, oil, brakes.. and two w/w blades! That's two beers right there. -_-
rhodyguy
there is a resturant in centralia (i think it's the country cousin) that is next to the outlet store strip mall on the westside of I-5. it's not a spoon and the food is good, on forays south, i stop there for breakfast, big parking lot too. it's not like seattle doesn't have it's share of vomit shops, how about a get together at Beths cafe. barf.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(reverie @ Mar 25 2003, 05:19 AM)
and now there's maintenance to do.. valve adj, tune-up, oil, brakes.. and two w/w blades! That's two beers right there. -_-

Reverie, 2 beers? Man, yer fast!!! I'd have to stretch it out to at least 3 wink.gif
As for the breakfast Rhodyguy's idea for the Country Cousin is good. I've been there and the food IS good. Easy to find too mueba.gif (Restaurant... not the food!) biggrin.gif
Count me in.
bruce
Bleyseng
Kevin,(Rhodyguy) You are the type of guy that would like the 13 egg omlet at Beth's!(Brad too!)
I would have suggested the Twin Teepees with that big parking lot but its gone. Would have made a good picture with all the 914's and Green Lake in the background. I guess that is the kind of place I was thinking, somewhere we could also get a good pic of everyones cars plus not get sick from the food!
I'll drive to Tacoma but Oly is getting far with my 914's suspension (too stiff). I need to switch to externally adjustable Koni's so I can drive the thing on the street.

Nice to see you here Zach! Now post a pic of the 914 so everyone can see it!

Geoff confused24.gif
boxstr
Geoff,suck it up, if PDX guys will drive up to OLY you can make it. Just add one of those air cushions.
CCLinLOO
Bleyseng
My back still hurts from driving the car back and forth to Bremerton. Its got those 22mm tbars, sway bars, 180 rear's and koni's cranked to full hard on it now. Talk about stiff!! An hour each way plus driving at the race and my back is sore! Monique gave me a massage Sunday nite to help but shit I am not 20 years old anymore...
Brad, have you got a price on that set of adjustable konis yet??

Craig, I'll make it to wherever we have a breakfast. I have no idea where to eat in Olympia, is there a place to eat in Olympia other than McDonalds??

Geoff
Dave Cawdrey
barf.gif Beth's Cafe is NASTY. The crack the eggs on the ceiling, and scrape the spatulas on the edge of the trash can, then continue to cook... barf.gif
boxstr
Yes there is really good place but I havce to go and find the name. Off of the freeway going west into Olympia. A old fashioned big restaraunt, they sell cigars there and have pool tables in the back.
Linda and I stopped there on the way up to Seattle one time, very good food and it was made fresh. I just can't remeber the name.
Hey I have a source for seat heaters. Sounds like just the thing for your 914 Geoff.
Keep those old tired bones nice and toasty. CCLinLOO
Bleyseng
Seat heaters! Hey that's something for JP and his skinny butt! I didn't say I was cold but sore from crappy roads up here. Hell the roads are fallin apart and we CAN"T raise taxes for THAT! but the teachers wanna raise so we are going to raise taxes for that, go figure...Damn school buses won't be able to drive to school pretty soon...

How about that nice place out on Alki? We could park along the water and everyone could see the cars......lots of chicks rollerblading and jogging on by....Just a thought!!

Geoff aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
geoff, twin tp's was my first thought too. suppose they built condo's there or something (seattle mind set), the hat and boots gas station would've been a cool photo op but i think it's gone too. in tac there is a NICE tav near the water on ruston way that serves good grub, tables could be reserved. lots of parking lots on the water. we could get a great shot with a bunch of 914's lined up w/ the water in the back ground. i'll bring a dig camera where ever the event is held, and a car. the engine compartment is ready for mar-hyde and paint this week
Bleyseng
The Twin Teepee's was up for Historic status by the neighborhood so before it went thru the owner had it bulldozed. It is a parking lot for a Volvo shop. I liked to eat there even though the food wasn't all that great. On raining days there were pans all over the place cus the roof leaked to bad!
The Hat and Boots has been moved and is historic, will be relocated and restored.
Background for youall, these were the last 2 '30's style gas station and restaurants in Seattle both of which on Highway 99 the old road that went all the way to LA.
Geoff
boxstr
Twin Tepees Looks like the original Hooter's.
CCLinLOO
Bleyseng
Atleast Hooters doesn't leak on you while you eat...There always was cute waitresses at the Twin Teepee's too.

Geoff
Bleyseng
here is the hat and boots......
Dave Cawdrey
Me and my buddies used to skateboard on the hat biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Hey, I saw kids doing that!! I actually bought gas and peed in the boots (they were the bathrooms) Looks like alittle bit of Texas in Seattle........Brad would like it.
Geoff
Bruce Allert
lol2.gif what a hoot! lol2.gif
skateboarding on the hat would be a kick inda butt... especially if you went over the edge & landed on the toe of the boot mueba.gif
bruce
914werke
Im in! boldblue.gif How about a the Redhook Brewery in Woodinville, its got sceanery and some good roads to & from (& BEER)?

Off topic but Ive got to relay..
I spent the day spanking the 73 around Pacific Raceways yesterday and IT WAS GREAT!! driving.gif
The event was the Sovren ProFormance class. There was one other 914 out an orange 75 2.0. Very cherry w/6 susp. conversion frt. & back. license "94TEEN" Jim You out there? Unfortunantly his car started blowin smoke so was parked for the last couple of sessions. There was also an 69 signal orange 911S (#808) that I was supprised to find I was able to match on the straights and in the twists! The day turned out overcast but dry until about 3PM when the skys opened up for bout 20 min. right befor we started passing drills into turn 2, 3A and 8. That was a little hairy with standing water all over the track. I spun apexing 6 (up the hill) getting a little hot for the traction, but no harm.
I mistakenly thought Sovren was a racers club but now belive its more of a "collectors" club with real racing secondary to ensuring the the correctnes & linage of the participants. Oh well, Who can tell me about CSCC?

R.
Greg
Sounds great! The Redhook Brewery gets my vote. Impressive number of 'teeners here in the NW.
boxstr
Sounds like a Seattle teeners breakfast. Don't think to many of us from Portland and surroundong areas are going to make the long drive.
Originally we were trying to split the distance. Olympia or somewhere in between Seattle and PDX.
Thats my take on the thing.
CCLinLOO
seanery
Greg,

Let's see some pics of your car...there's a link around someplace to post them.
Greg
Brembo, so far my Avitar is the only digital picture I have of my 914 but I'll try to get more posted soon. Need a few more sunny days around here for a good photo op.
FYI, my car is a '75, 2.0 with carbs, lowered, 159K on the odo., original copper color paint and black interior with Sheel/Mann seats. Prolly more info than you wanted tongue.gif
Greg
Seanery, I ment to address my last post to you (wrote Brembo instead) DOH! sorry about that! wacko.gif
seanery
That's ok, my dog (Brembo) liked the info, too!
Bleyseng
I have emailed the guys in Olympia but have yet to hear any imput from them. So maybe we'll just do a Seattle Breakfast/funrun (a first!) as there are lots of 914's coming out of the woods for this. I don't mind Redhook as a meeting place it's just if I go there I'll want to drive and then drive which is bad... soo maybe let's keep it as a late breakfast. Any other Eastside hotspots? There is the 12th Street Cafe in Issaquah, has Ok food and a BIG parking lot, not much else but close to the backroads like the May Valley Road. Lots of twistys on that!

For a date how about April 19th?

Geoff driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.