Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mitsubishi Evo Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
basaltblack
Has anyone swaped a jdm evo engine into a 914. Just looking for something that would not be too expensive but also yield 250 to 275 horsepower with little weight gain. I know that the subie is more popular but just looking for alternatives to the ej20 from the wrx since these motors are expensive.
dw914er
an Evo motor (from like an evo 8 or 9) runs probably in the same range as the sti motor. The subie motor is more popular becasue of its boxer 4 design, which is similar to our type 4's. With enough fabrication, im sure you could possible do it, but it probably wouldn't have as much support as the subie alternative (again, the boxer set up) but who knows. Try it. Ive never seen one before.

Also, another motor to try/look at (if you're in the inline jap 4 motor) would be a k20 series motor (probably a k20a from the integra type r)
turboman808
THe Evo motor isn't very popular for motor swaps it seems. Probably be in uncharted waters. I often thought the K20 would be a great motor for a 914. Seen so many options made for this motor and have seen street legal NA version putting out 270 hp. Deciede to turbo one and you would have one heck of a car.
WRX914
EJ's are not expensive...

Used - 2-3k
Brand new is less than 10k
Brand new 2.5 STI shortblock less than 2k

Compare to Jake and it seems like pennies.
basaltblack
There are some early evo 2 or 3 motors on ebay for 1500. These motors are rated at 250hp stock with no modifications. The cheepest wrx motor I have seen is 2000 at gruppe s and it is a jdm motor also {early wrx}. Just would like to swap something around 1500 for the motor. Although the gruppe s motors have very little milage for 2000 and looks like at least 240hp. I wonder how much moving and fabrication I would have to do with the turbo on the evo. Thank you for all of your input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.