Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 ALMOST on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
just a quick THANK YOU for all the support on this 2056 build and many other projects with our 73. many of you guys have given some invaluable help, both cyber and hands on. we started this project just over a year ago, when kenny dropped a valve getting gas the day before the 07 WRC. some of you may not know i (kenny's dad) was put in a wheelchair 5 years ago from an off road accident. previously a master mechanic, it was frustrating for us all, but possible to instruct my son kenny and his mom through locating parts, teardown, inspection, building and converting over from a 1.7. the commodery (sp.?) and helpful input. has been an increadable help.

smilie_pokal.gif a special thanks to "toon1, sir andy, mcmark, dan (almadin valley), joe richard, bleseng, jeffbowsby and many others that i know i've missed mentioning".

later i'll write up more on the issues we had to overcome as it may help out some of you guys looking for more input before attempting a build. i am happy to report we happened on a local shop that the owner has been working on these 914's for years, pulled us through a real unusual problem. he was very impressed with the smooth, quick power and how cool it runs.

more to come! driving.gif

mike

Click to view attachment
Joe Ricard
Don't know what I did but

WOOT! for getting it done.

Was this a kit or did you really build this yourself?
Bleyseng
Almost??? Get her done and driving! What was the usual problem that came up??

Geoff beer.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2008, 05:02 AM) *

see now theres a perfect example of how my brain works (or doesn't). when the car went down, someone from the east coast walked kenny through a diagnostic in hopes of getting it on the road for the WRC. unfortunately it was what it was, but nevertheless there was alot of people who went out of their way beerchug.gif
orange914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 14 2008, 07:37 AM) *

Almost??? Get her done and driving! What was the usual problem that came up??

Geoff beer.gif

the first fiasco was the with the first set of mahle cylinders that where damaged in route thanks to the football players at U.S.P.S. and by the way U.S.P.S. insurance is worthless, they wouldn't cover a cent of their damage.

also an issue with the heads sealing.

i think i'm going to take it to have it sniffed to check the mixture next before it hits the road, just to be sure it's not lean.
r_towle
bye1.gif
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 14 2008, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2008, 05:02 AM) *

see now theres a perfect example of how my brain works (or doesn't). when the car went down, someone from the east coast walked kenny through a diagnostic in hopes of getting it on the road for the WRC. unfortunately it was what it was, but nevertheless there was alot of people who went out of their way beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.