Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help posting Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Heading says it all: Tryed to post pictures on the Classifieds ,I was informed my Pic. were to big. What size do I need to set my Camera for?????????

Remember I am OLD!!!!!!

Dave slap.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Aug 14 2008, 08:13 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
Heading says it all: Tryed to post pictures on the Classifieds ,I was informed my Pic. were to big. What size do I need to set my Camera for?????????

Remember I am OLD!!!!!!

Dave slap.gif

hey dave
i am old too. i don't think the camera can do it. what i have to do is load the pics onto the computer (i have adobe photo) and then save them wherever you want to. then open up each pic, right click on it and a window comes up with the option to resize photo. left click on that and it should ask what size, choose small and that should do it. when you go back to where you saved the pics it should have 2 of each, one with (small) next to it.
hope that helps
rich
StratPlayer
This should help you with your picture posting

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
SirAndy
Resize your images to 800x600.

if you have the option, save them as 72dpi JPEG with Medium compression (5) and in "Baseline" or "Standard" format.

The resulting file size for the image should be less than 100k ...
bye1.gif Andy
watsonrx13
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 14 2008, 12:23 PM) *

Resize your images to 800x600.

if you have the option, save them as 72dpi JPEG with Medium compression (5) and in "Baseline" or "Standard" format.

The resulting file size for the image should be less than 100k ...
bye1.gif Andy

BTW Andy, how much space does the pics take on the server? Actual size and percentage of total.... idea.gif

-- Rob
SirAndy
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 14 2008, 10:50 AM) *

BTW Andy, how much space does the pics take on the server? Actual size and percentage of total.... idea.gif

You mean, all the pics we currently have?
idea.gif Andy

171,373 Images taking up 14.7 GB of Harddrive space
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

My thanks to all who responded , pray.gif pray.gif I think i have all the info ,I need. Famous last

words! Dave slap.gif
Rand
FYI, Microsoft has a cool tool for Windows that is super easy to use if you need to resize existing images.

Image resizer:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/d...eschelman2.mspx

Download link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe
Mark Henry
Just an FYI anyone who wants a cheap photoshop like program paint.NET is the ticket...and it's free.

Bit to much for you Dave...seeing as you're old.... biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 14 2008, 02:35 PM) *

Just an FYI anyone who wants a cheap photoshop like program paint.NET is the ticket...and it's free.

Bit to much for you Dave...seeing as you're old.... biggrin.gif

Hell Yes !!!!!!! I am listing my parts w/o pic/
Been trying all Afternoon. Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.