Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's the seatbelt reel mount on a '70?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
I thought on my 73, it was just behind the backpad, mounted to the rear firewall. Now, in my 70, I have a newer backpad so I pulled it forward to look for the reel mounting hole.

So then... WHERE'S IT MOUNT? Is it on the side below where the upper 'loop' for the seatbelt mounts? The driver side has a 4pt harness so it's no help!

Thanks!
Zundfolge
70s don't have seatbelt reels, they have fixed belts that adjust a bit.
Rusty
agree.gif Yessir.

No reels on a 70. Fixed belts that are adjustable in two places... across the chest and across the lap.

HTH,
Rusty
jim_hoyland
One less thing to go hay-wire...... biggrin.gif
Gint
I prefer early belts. PITA for an ever changing passenger, but great for the driver. No crappy 35 year old reel to hang up.
markb
I've used the rear belts from a mid 80's Volvo station wagon that work great. They mount beside the seat in the normal bottom mount spot. I have an extra if you need it.
HeloMech
So the later model reel version doesn't have any place to bolt up to then? DOH! Guess I have a spare of those then... Guess I might have to bolt in another helicopter seatbelt...
Joe Bob
If you have a guide bar for 4/5 point harnesses, mount it on there....I did with the Rocket.

BTW, youse guys with the old seatbelts? New AX, DE and TT rules dictate that even STOCK classes that allow for use of three point belts? 20 years is the max life.....so re-web or replace.
SirAndy
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Aug 15 2008, 07:19 AM) *

So the later model reel version doesn't have any place to bolt up to then? DOH!

Correct ...

I am very happy with my early, non-retractable seat belts. They work just fine, can be easily adjusted for length and hold you schnugg in your seat. No fiddling with a reeling mechanism that NEVER works right in any 914 I've ever been ...

shades.gif Andy
HeloMech
So where do I get one of those jobbies? I have a retractable spare with all hardware I guess... lol

Maybe a better question. Where do I get the guide bar for the harness that mike mentioned? Then I can just add another aircraft harness and be happy shmappy
ChrisFoley
We did this to install inertia reel belts in a customers car recently:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.