Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with Fiberglass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
While installing the oil cooler shroud today I have a chance to photograph my bumper and valance. This was discussed in a previous post regarding the quality of glass from a certain el cheapo vendor (Renn$p@@0). Buyer beware when chosing a fiberglass vendor.

Bumper had to be severly notched and re-glassed to even come "close" to fitting properly. Valance was the same on both sides:
Eric_Shea
The other side of the valance:
Eric_Shea
While the bumper "was" fitted with mounts it had two drivers side mounts glassed in... fighting19.gif

I had to cut a reweld the bracket welder.gif
seanery
That sucks Eric. I was just looking at their stuff.
The parts that interest me are their Fenders & Quarters with flares like Jeroen bought.
Eric_Shea
The parts that interest me are their Fenders & Quarters with flares like Jeroen bought

Yeah same here... I was actually thinking about ditching my flares and going with complete fenders. Then doors. Then a light weight roof panel. smile.gif

But... It's hard to trust them for fit.
steve@ottosvenice.com
Like these? Steve
seanery
those look pretty crude.

This looks good:
IPB Image
IPB Image
JEM
So who dose make the best fitting fiberglass bumpers ?
Jerry
Eric_Shea
Like these?

No. I suppose you're trying to sell those?

Sean was talking about the ones he posted... much more desirable.

So who dose make the best fitting fiberglass bumpers ?

I like the stuff Mark Bartosh was selling but I haven't seen him advertise lately in Pano. He used to run some simple classifieds. His stuff rocked for my RS parts. I'm using his stuff for me hoods and they simply bolted right on. Perfect fit.

M.A. Shaw seems to have good stuff.

E.
Jeroen
Steve,
Just curious...
Where'd you find the narrow f/g fenders?
Do you fab these at Otto's? Are those the ones from Tweeks?

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.