Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow hook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-914-tow-hook-ra...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that what these are going for? I always wonder about eBay auctions that claim the part is rare and start bidding at some ridiculously high price. How about letting the market determine what the price of these are. /rant off
r_towle
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Aug 15 2008, 08:26 PM) *

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-914-tow-hook-ra...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that what these are going for? I always wonder about eBay auctions that claim the part is rare and start bidding at some ridiculously high price. How about letting the market determine what the price of these are. /rant off

40 bucks for a sandblasted toe hook...sound fair to me.
Starting at a high price guarantees that people wont think they can steal things for nothing...figure it probably took a bit of time to sand blast it...time to clean it up, take a pic...etc etc...

I suppose you would like to snipe it for $3.00 ....not gonna happen.
Its not mine, just my opinion on why putting a price on a part is not only fair, it keeps people from trying to steal parts for nothing...

Rich
Mark Henry
To me it's only worth $40 if it had the OG coating
G e o r g e
do a search you will see he doesn't have the greatest track record either

gogoporsche
roadster fan
QUOTE(George H. @ Aug 15 2008, 07:02 PM) *

do a search you will see he doesn't have the greatest track record either

gogoporsche

Actually the feedback rating isnt bad for someone who deals in used car parts. One man's perfect condition, is a CW's poor. I purchased a rear window with defrost off of this board from this seller before they had an Ebay presence and it was just as described.

I havent seen too many tow hooks advertised and cant say if it is rare or not. I have a ton of parts in garage but no tow hook if that means anything biggrin.gif I agree with Rich's assessment of why the price is set sometimes higher by the buyer. He would like $45 for it, and is starting the bidding at $40 so no one steals it below his bottom line. The market will set the price, if it is set too high now it will not sell.

Jim
davep
I have a bunch that I could sell at $30 each, properly plated. biggrin.gif
nein14
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 16 2008, 02:21 PM) *

I have a bunch that I could sell at $30 each, properly plated. biggrin.gif

So list them for sale with pics I need one biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.