Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New -4 oil filler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I got tired of cleaning and painting the stock stamped sheet metal oil filler. I must have done it 10 times over the years and I always thought I could come up with something cleaner. I found the filler neck and cap at Fisher Buggies here in Tampa. It's a typical VW aftermarket piece, but is made from aluminum and polished with a good fiting cap. And it had the breather hose fitting already installed.

I cut some 1/8" aluminum sheet to the correct size and epoxied the filler neck to it. I made another piece to go inside the gasket to hold it in place. The screws you see on the bottom postion it on top of the case so that the gasket lines up with sealing surface.

Than I had to figure out how to hold it to the case. I looked at diffrent ways to bolt it, but I came back to the clip/wire that is used on the stock unit. I needed to add spacers to allow the clip/wire to be tight enough to hold it down. So I added the 1/2" square aluminum tubing pieces with some shims to get it tight. After I installed it, I added some insurance with the plastic tie wraps.
URY914
another
URY914
aaa
URY914
installed
URY914
another installed
URY914
It must fit OK 'cause it doesn't leak.
(well it leaks but not from this filler!) laugh.gif

Paul
steve@ottosvenice.com
Put some JB weld on those nut as a insurance they dont come loose and drop into the case. Steve
ChrisReale
I dont know man, ya might have added a few ounces laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
group buy anyone? laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
sweet! how much?! I may even get in on that group buy!
rhodyguy
very clever. all it needs is a shorter hose clamp laugh.gif

kevin
Eric_Shea
How much does it weigh? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.