Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: days from having my 914 to dd status!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hockeymutt
ok this weekend i will really really try to get pics up for everyone.

but after working out most of the kinks in my electrical system, i'm almost done!

but dropped car off at mechanic to help with shifting problems here's what he said i need:

1)all new shifter bushings all around(exactly what i thought)
2)relay for turn signal's to work(exactly what i thought)
3)had a knock from the rear, he said new cv. But after taking tire off and reinstalled sound disappeared. It was loose lugs broke free with very little effort. Sound gone after tightening lug bolts down.

Things i can fix-
What i thought i had fix was the brake and guage problem with the dropping once brakes where hit. Had it working and then after fixing my knock in the rear. I went for a test drive, it worked fine but after i hit the brakes on a hill it started all over again.

so i tried taking off the pedal plate off but was held on by another screw. So i put it back on and will shoot all wires tommorow. but my likely canidate is a bad brake switch or ground

Radio and speakers still needed

that's all it needs then after all that is done it will be my dd.

Then the next week i start the interior as follows
new carpet
re upolstered seats with black suede in the centers
black suede or tweed door panels
re-cover my momo steering wheel
build a center console

then after a few months of saving for a paint job on the rear trunk is due.
I have a paint booth at work so all i do is pay for paint and materials.

then this 76 914 will be off to my dad as a Christmas gift. By then i will hopefully have a 911, so it will be easier to let go. He's the reason i got into 914's and was the orginal reason for buying one, with plans on giving it to him. aktion035.gif
tracks914
Good luck with all that. Some guys on this site can do all that in a weekend, others can have it done in about 18 months. biggrin.gif
Show us some pix.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.