Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Bearing Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klikkid3
So got the bearngs in, I did the job late in the evening because it was much cooler outside and realized after I finished I forgot to replace the inner and outer bearing race and the passenger side. Am I asking for trouble with this? There was no play or strange noises when I rotated the wheel.
messix
have you driven it yet? if not take it a part and replace the races. if you have trash them and start over. sad.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(klikkid3 @ Aug 16 2008, 07:52 AM) *

So got the bearngs in, I did the job late in the evening because it was much cooler outside and realized after I finished I forgot to replace the inner and outer bearing race and the passenger side. Am I asking for trouble with this? There was no play or strange noises when I rotated the wheel.

I forget things from time to time too... In this case you pretty much have to pull it off and clean up the bearings and repack them and remove and replace the races. Even if they look fine the old races have wear. But in this case! I saw the pictures of your old bearings. You MUST remove them and replace them. Unless you want to repeat that carnage? Dr. McBeek says "replace the race!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.