Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump line.help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KLECKO
PO,tried to get the car running before he sold it.He bought the wrong fuel pump,and of course made up his own install directions.He pulled off the fuel filter.Installed a tee fitting and ran both lines to the fuel rails and capped off the return line.
I bought a new lower fuel line kit w/filter,and bought a new fuel pump.I think the only thing I am missing is the branch or Y fitting.( I have a 72 1.7) The only branch i can find is for a 73 .Is this part interchangeable ? Thanks

TheCabinetmaker
Should be. Any "Y" or "T" should work.

Is that tee in your pic the fuel line? If so, those clamps will not work. Don't attempt to run that car like that. You have to use the proper clamps or risk losing car and maybe your life in a fire. You also need to install some grometts in the holes where the fuel lines enter the tunnel. Another place for a fuel leak to occur. Fuel leaks are responsible for the demise of a lot of 914s. Inspect your entire fuel system for proper clamps, fuel injection rated hose. Anything questionable needs replacing now!

BTW, welcome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.