IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
BMXerror
Good grief! I just barely got home from this event and there's already pictures up! I'll post mine tomorrow. I need sleep.
Mark D.
P.S. Bummer I didn't get to meet you today. Or maybe I did and just didn't know it.
HeloMech
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Aug 17 2008, 12:29 AM) *

Good grief! I just barely got home from this event and there's already pictures up!

lol, yeah, but I live 5 miles from snow valley... piratenanner.gif

Dunno if we met or not. . . I was hanging out at joe's grille and walking around with the camera. Shorts, t-shirt, army boonie hat on.... I had the primer 914 parked next to joe's camp.
HeloMech
is this the car that pulled up alongside the building with a problem with some type of vacuum leak? Stripped down inside, no passenger seat?
BMXerror
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Aug 17 2008, 08:31 AM) *

is this the car that pulled up alongside the building with a problem with some type of vacuum leak? Stripped down inside, no passenger seat?

Yeah, that's me! It actually turned out that it was just a plug wire that came off of the distributor, but I didn't find it 'till later so I only got one timed run. Oh well. It was good enough for third place. The pictures you got were all of my bro, who took fourth in his first AX. I was super proud.
I saw your car over there, but I don't think we met. I was a little busy. I didn't think yours was running! Did you get the new engine in already, or did you just limp it to the event?
Pictures are coming right now.
Mark D.
HeloMech
It has the ford V6 in it and it's running fine. It just doesn't completely have my trust yet... lol. Snow Valley was it's longest journey.. .the whole 5 miles each way. It did fine and driving through the twisties was pretty fun. Though, my spedometer isn't working for some reason so I wasn't sure how close I was at maintaining the legal speed limit. wink.gif

I have the 2.0L on the bench and the stand. Actually just about to order the engine gasket kit for it online. Think I'll split the case today and make sure the bearings are standard so I can order all new ones. Should be exciting...

I'll check if I have more pics with your car.. maybe I caught some with you.
HeloMech
try these...

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
BMXerror
That's a cool effect on that last picture. My bro is getting into photography. I need to show him that. Here's some of ours.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
The new swaybar is working well!
Click to view attachment
Me spotting a cone.
Click to view attachment
This was a MONSTERcross! The 1500 foot 'strait' with the 1st gear corner at the end was just insane! I loved it, even if it did give the higher powered cars a bit of an advantage! In addition to the high speed aspect, the rough as hell pavement rittled with piles of dirt, broken asphalt, and weeds made this about the manliest AX course I've ever seen! My little 1.7 was hitting about 4500 RPM in 4th gear towards the end of the front strait, and the kink in the middle was flat out... but just barely! The bumps and dirt made it a little unnerving to keep the throttle pinned. Jim Burke did an awesome job once again!
It's a damn shame that more people didn't show up, though. I think it was mostly due to PCA schedule conflicts. I would've loved to see a little closer competition... Which reminds me; where the hell was Toast!?! Anyways, it's a good thing we wrapped up early, though. I was out there picking up cones after dark and it was DARK! I think that could've gotten a little dangerous. All in all, it was a great day.
Mark D.
BMXerror
Allen on a full throttle 3rd gear pull! aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Mark D.
curtis
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Aug 17 2008, 12:30 PM) *

Allen on a full throttle 3rd gear pull! aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Mark D.
I had a blast! Even though I got my ass handed to me by a four banger but hey thats my fault for being a big puss out there on the course and not staying on the right line each time out..but you know what..I had a blast and that is the most important part of the whole thing!Thanks Halo mech for the pics and thanks Mark D. for showing us big disp. six guys how its done!!! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
HeloMech
oh sure, now I'm a hAlo mech... like the angels would even let me CLOSE to one of those things!
BMXerror
QUOTE(curtis @ Aug 18 2008, 09:16 AM) *

I had a blast! Even though I got my ass handed to me by a four banger but hey thats my fault for being a big puss out there on the course and not staying on the right line each time out..but you know what..I had a blast and that is the most important part of the whole thing!Thanks Halo mech for the pics and thanks Mark D. for showing us big disp. six guys how its done!!! beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif

You're right. Havin' fun is what it's all about! At every PCA autocross there needs to be at least one stripped out, beat down lookin' 914 that gives the ass draggers a run for their money! Your car was far too pretty to be given underdog status, so it was all up to my brother and I! lol poke.gif Just representin' for all the NARPs out here.
By the way, good pics HEloMech. I like the exposure! Nice and crisp! You gonna have your 2.0 ready by next year?
Mark D.
BMXerror
Times posted here!
http://zone8.pca.org/results/2008/AX/RR.htm
Man that's a short list! Anyways, I thought my brother beat you, Shawn. I didn't see your 102 that night at the event. My mistake. Fourth place. Not bad.
Mark D.
:EDIT: I guess you could say you were the meat in a four banger sandwich!... Let's see where the dirty minds on this site take that! lol
curtis
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Aug 21 2008, 07:38 PM) *

Times posted here!
http://zone8.pca.org/results/2008/AX/RR.htm
Man that's a short list! Anyways, I thought my brother beat you, Shawn. I didn't see your 102 that night at the event. My mistake. Fourth place. Not bad.
Mark D.
:EDIT: I guess you could say you were the meat in a four banger sandwich!... Let's see where the dirty minds on this site take that! lol

I would have to say thats a very good meat sandwich in a not so gay way of course..if that is even possible! Anyhow that is excellent news never the less!! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.