Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired, but good running 2.0 motor...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
So, I'm thinking about selling my motor. I've been holding off on the v8 conversion because my car is running great and I'm enjoying driving it. BUT.... Winter is coming and I want to dig into the project. I figure a potential buyer might like to hear it run before I yank it out.

I don't know what a fair price is though. It's running great, but it has 140,000 miles on it so I would think it's probably best to suggest it be used as a core for a Raby kit rebuild or something if someone wanted to run it long.

What do you think? What should I ask for it?
Bleyseng
Stock complete with Djet?

$800-1000.
r_towle
I agree

Break it down.
Heads 4-500
crank, rods and case...300

FI...200 or more if the MPS is perfect.

So, 800-1000 is a good number and should be right for a 2.0 liter.

Rich
Rand
It is a perfect running Djet with a great MPS that holds vacuum (and a spare that doesn't laugh.gif ). Spare distributor.

I can't really say it's complete though because it has been desmogged, there is no AAR, no decel valve, no evap system (charcoal canister etc). I suppose that will lower the value to some. But I prefer the cleaner system, and I think it should be built as a 2270 with carbs or SDS anyway. smile.gif

Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.