Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 flag mirrors on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
Hi, I bought a pair of 911 flag mirrors to put on my 914. I've seen several with them on and like the look. My car is currently in the bodyshop and they would like to have some pictures and measurements before they start hacking up the doors. Does anybody here have them on? Can you take pics and measurements for me?

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Eric_Shea
Don't they simply bolt in the original two holes? (never done this conversion...)

The other side should have two holes w/nuts under the door skin... no?
jim912928
they definitely don't go in the existing holes. They look to mount more on the curved part of the door versus the flat top portion of the door.
Eric_Shea
I must be thinking of updating a 911.
Carrera916
I have seen it done in the past, and it's usually done by modify the base of the 911 mirror to match the contour of the 914 door.

you mention that your car is in the bodyshop and I would be terrified if they're gonna bash the door just to get the mirror to fit on!!!? Sounds pretty scary!! ohmy.gif

j
markb
Make sure they're 911 & not 944/928. They're different. I'm doing the same thing to my 70, but it'll be awhile. Call Dave at GPR and have him measure the door on the one at the shop. They've done some testing. Tell him Mark from West Coast Garage told you to call.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.