Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East coast trash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
FWIW This is what we throw away back east. Never ceases to amaze me how these cars can rot all over and still have good parts. This is the ONLY car I ahev ever had that had a good dash. I mean REALLY good dash...NO cracks. Salvaged a set of S.S. heater boxes, good Konis, dash top, and Mike will be getting the dash and other misc parts when he comes down next. BTW 2nd set of S.S. heater boxes I've scored in a month smile.gif 1 fer me and 1 fer pops. The 2 liter also pictured isfrom another LOW mileage rotter I scrapped a few weeks back. That car had a registerd 28,600 on it and has a dropped seat. Probably re-werk the heads and see what it does. Turns over nicely ....for abour 320 degrees av-943.gif Also got a very nice set of trunk lids from that car, as wel as a nice set of brown seats, a rough center consled with gauges, a BRAND NEW bra rolleyes.gif and other goodies
scotty b
brand new muffler never run. Probably junk now headbang.gif And a little J.B weld will fix that suspension console right ??
scotty b
I had a few shots of the other one I scrapped. It had been sitting so long the rear wheels were STUCK in the ground and had rotted all the way through. Still had the original owners manual and Porsche dealership service stamps in it along with the mabual for a blaupunkt radio.Damn shame it wasn;t fixed 20 years ago when the engine went. Latches still had nice plating on them. Damn shame
scotty b
Yes I have vins and will be adding them along with all of my others I never have unsure.gif I will also be putting some pics of the engine stampings and firewall sticker in the C.W. thread about these
SirAndy
This is what we throw away back east.

Please add the carcas to the VIN list ...

sad.gif Andy

EDIT: Just saw your last post ... Yes, the more the better ... drunk.gif
Pat Garvey
This is soo sad! Makes one wonder how many "uable/restorable" 914's are left. Yeah, Iknow, we've been down this road before.....

Sad, nonetheless!
Pat
richardmosselman
Wow, used to live in Central Ontario, Canada and saw cars that had rusted out in 4 yrs...Ouch! Much better here on the west coast. Saw a few W123 Mercedes lurking in the background of those shots. Do you work on them as well? Ours is an '85 TD wagon and has many thousand KM's left. Great car. Cheers, Richard
Wilhelm
Crazy how those cars are so rotted out!!!!! Here in the land of eternal rain I have cars outside that don't have a fraction of that rust. However, I do need a rear drivers side shock tower top (blowout). Perhaps you've got an intact one that can be cut from one of your scrappers? PM me.
championgt1
Come on that is just a little surface rust. biggrin.gif
rjames
Wow, those are some subtle side graphics!

Brando
Wow, I've never seen steelies rust through!
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 17 2008, 04:50 PM) *

Yes I have vins and will be adding them along with all of my others I never have unsure.gif

Well? poke.gif

biggrin.gif Andy

r_towle
QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 18 2008, 08:45 PM) *

You live a sheltered life...
You gotta get out more often..

Rich
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2008, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 18 2008, 08:45 PM) *

You live a sheltered life...
You gotta get out more often..

Rich

Unless we leave our nice West coast we generally don't get to see the havoc rust plays to the Midwest and Eastern cars.
Wilhelm
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Aug 17 2008, 08:21 PM) *

Crazy how those cars are so rotted out!!!!! Here in the land of eternal rain I have cars outside that don't have a fraction of that rust. However, I do need a rear drivers side shock tower top (blowout). Perhaps you've got an intact one that can be cut from one of your scrappers? PM me.

Sorry I can't add pics to PM. I apologize for cluttering up this thread. This is what I'm looking for.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.