Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshields? Where do you get them.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Recently I have started looking for a new windshield for my roller. My buddy, who deals in 914s, used to be able to get windshields installed for about $200 until just recently. I called a few glass places and all of them said that only their classic glass vendor has them and that they are about $600....WTF.gif My buddy called his source and found the same. Does anyone know where to get them for less? In contrast, I am picking up a new windshield for the bus on Tues for $100 from a glass vendor.
Dr Evil
I see AA has them for $295. I used to be able to get them locally in San Diego for $200 installed down by the boarder sad.gif It still beats $600.
ws91420
I got a quote from a local glass shop about a year ago IIRC about 300 to 400 installed.
Dr Evil
Any info on the shop? If I can pick it up somewhere it will save me shipping and my car is near you.
ws91420
Glass Doctor®
10817 Courthouse Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-834-4560
They would have to order the glass I think they said a couple days.
type11969
Where are you getting that new windshield for your bus? $100 is a good deal from what I have read. And I need a new windshield for mine when I finally attack the rust under there . . .

-Chris
Dr Evil
I am getting the bus glass at National Auto Glass in Newark, DE. I can order another one if you want and pick it up with mine on Tues.

Welby, thanks for the info. I'll call them tomorrow and let everyone know. Since they are close enough to Scotty, I can pick it up in a few days since I will be working down there for 6 days.
type11969
Do you know if it is tinted along the top of the windshield? If not, definitely in. If so, hmmm. $100 is a deal, I'm in.

If you are going to come through Philly on your way back up from that joint then yeah, order me one. If not, it is definitely easier for me to head to Newark than to go to Hershey. Not sure I am going to make the ECC either.

-Chris
Dr Evil
Right on. I will post the info here. They have them the same day.
Dr Evil
Sorry, its Union Auto Glass, not National.
888-882-7225 in Newark, DE.
type11969
Thanks
r_towle
Doc,
I recall there is a guy up here in Andover MA that was the supplier.
Search here and Club and see of you can find him.

He was the main importer for the 914 glass....just cant recall his name.

Rich
r_towle
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2008, 10:45 AM) *

Doc,
I recall there is a guy up here in Andover MA that was the supplier.
Search here and Club and see of you can find him.

He was the main importer for the 914 glass....just cant recall his name.

Rich

Found it

Cross Post

I bought a new (tinted) windshield from this guy a few months ago for $175 and am happy with it. He imported a batch of them and sold them thru ebay. FYI -Mike

Richard Tankel

--------------------
ProSource Glass International
PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
Tel:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax:978-975-5300
email:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

Rich
Dr Evil
Thanks man smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have a good relationship with Richard the main importer and have them drop shipped from his warehouse carefully packed and soundly delivered. We also have the windshield installation kits so your installer will take no shortcuts!
Dr Evil
Glass doctor is $297, but it needs to be shipped from the West for a total of $415.86

Eek.

I have an email into Richard to see what he has.
richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

Dr Evil
I got a reply and it is looking good. I am going to buy his last two, though. More details soon.
Dr Evil
So, for Richards last two in stock until late 08, with crating and shipping is $530.50 (they are $195 ea). I am getting the last two because Scotty needs a windshield and the freight is the same for one as it is for two. Gotta take care of my buddy smile.gif

Thanks for the link, Rich.
r_towle
Bumped up front for Joe....

See post number 13.

Rich
jt914-6
Ten years ago I got this PPG ws for my car. It has the blue shade at the top and it was a great fit. Maybe one of the numbers is a part number. I really like it.......There should be a glass shop that can get a PPG. Can't remember what I paid for it though.....

Click to view attachment
JRust
I got an NOS OE windshield from Sunset Porsche for $395. I also have a used one I pulled off a car intact & in great shape. I wouldn't have sprung for the OE windshield but it is for my LE creamsicle resto confused24.gif
RiqueMar
I'm trying to get rid of one if anyone is interested!
7TPorsh
I bot one from the ebay guy and looks great...for $175. He has them across the country. I picked mine up 10 miles away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.