Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cheaper rubber?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
has anybody purchased from http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store..._list&c=141

because i found the infamous windshield top seal (914.563.039.10) for $50...

can anybody confirm my suspicion of this being garbage or is it worth the $50.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:51 AM) *

has anybody purchased from http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store..._list&c=141

because i found the infamous windshield top seal (914.563.039.10) for $50...

can anybody confirm my suspicion of this being garbage or is it worth the $50.

I would like to see it! Hard to believe that someone could make this seal so cheaply.
r_towle
It must be just the top seal.
You didnt want the side pieces also, did you????
Or the special glue to mold them together???

I would say for $50 bucks...buy it...or get someone to buy it and post a few pics...if its real alot of people will be interested.

Rich
blitZ
I sent an email and asked for a picture.

Got an answer, no picture is available.

914.563.039.10 - Roof seal on windshield to and sides
roadster fan
I think you will end up with part# 914-563-319-10, the targa top seal that fits on the window frame below the expensive seal. Just a guess.

Jim
rufio0205
i tell you what...I will take the fall on this one on account of i need one really bad and i'm too cheap for the $300 badass seal...so, i'll order it and report back...

and then if it is the right thing...well, you guys can send me the $200 you might save from buying it...i mean. that would be fair, right?

Edit: I just put my order in...I'll post when I receive it and have a chance to put it in... Thanks for the thoughts and ideas guys.
rufio0205
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the order you placed today. Unfortunately, there is a mistake on our website for the Windshield Top Seal, 914 (70-76). The price for this item is $287.15, not $49.97 as shown on the website. I sincerely apologize for the error. I am happy to cancel the order and refund your total payment of $61.94. However, if you still want the item I can charge your card the difference in price. Please let me know how would like to proceed.

Regards,
Christina Perez
Sierra Madre Collection
888-986-4466

nevermind about cheap rubber....pardon my french but...DAMN

EDIT: Couldn't I get them into a law suit for false advertisement...they still haven't changed it on their website and i did screen shots of it being $49.75 or whatever. Anyone know anything about this?

Completely ridiculous. Display the true price or don't display anything.

sorry just needed to vent. I dont have $300 for the actual real deal. that is why i am complaining.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Aug 19 2008, 12:38 AM) *

...Unfortunately, there is a mistake on our website for the Windshield Top Seal, 914 (70-76). The price for this item is $287.15

EDIT: Couldn't I get them into a law suit for false advertisement...

Short answer - no. Historically, an advertisement is an 'invitation to negotiate.' There is no liability for typographical errors. They've done their part by offering to refund you money and cancel the sale.

Yes, it sucks, especially that they haven't bothered to correct the 'error.' -That- could be the basis for a deceptive marketing practice. Could -you- sue? probably not. It is a law enforcement matter. Send a complaint with your documentation (timestamped screenshot of original price, your correspondence, timestamped screenshot of current (still wrong) price) to the local district attorney / consumer affairs guy.

This is the textbook case: car dealer decides they want to be cute and advertise a car for "2995 bananas." Guy show up with 2,995 bananas, wants the car. They refuse. He sues, gets car. A stretch decision, the court deciding an ad was a contract with strict terms. But if the ad were for $2995 and it really should have been $29,995 it wouldn't have gone that way.

Most sites have a generic 'not responsible for typographical errors' which gets them out of such issues. This is reasonable. If you were a small vendor and mis-posted a price by - say - a missed decimal point, you wouldn't want a big distributor saying 'cool - I'll buy 10,000 at that price.'

Haven't we heard Sierra Madre here before? pretty much always in the grey zone of 'oops, just a mistake...' Followed by vigorous protestations against accusations of wrongdoing... They've been off my list for a while.

Take their 'refund' offer (should just be a cancellation of pre-authorisation) and be glad they contacted you -before- just charging the higher ("correct"...) price and offering to refund you -that- -- especially if it would have involved two-way shipping, withholding funds until part is returned, and the "we never got it back" scenario.
roadster fan
Sorry to hear you didn't get the great deal you were hoping for.

FWIW, at least a vendor who stocks parts for our cars didn't lose his shirt on a part due to an error in pricing on his website. Sounds like they handled the error professionally.

Save up the money and buy the seal.

Jim

rufio0205
thanks guys. i already sent the reply asking for the refund...i just wanted to vent
rhodyguy
the 7 is the only number they got right in the price. stupid.
Todd Enlund
Update: They have changed the price on their website.
Joe Bob
Sierra Madre is the biggest rip off scam artist douche bag on the planet. AKA CMartinPerez, he's been chased off of the 356 Registry.

He shows up here and he's gonna get both barrels from me.
roadster fan
I wouldn't trust him. I have exchanged emails with them about questionable (IMHO) ebay listings and they always reply with the runaround.

Jim
Todd Enlund
Hmmm... wish I had known sooner. I just bought a pair of window cranks from an eBay auction. Only $9, but I'd rather not give money to someone who is dishonest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.