Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust finishes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
i took the exhaust system off my parts car. it looks like a stock aftermarket 4 chrome pipes with the red stripe. it is solid, no rot, but covered with surface rust. if i can get the rust off can it be painted with something like dupli-color hi temp paint. if so should i undercoat it with something. how hot does the exhaust get?
PeeGreen 914
Get the highest temp paint and it will be fine. I used 600 degree paint with a 1200 degree primer. Well, the primer is still there sad.gif
type11969
I've had decent results with BBQ paint on the Beetle exhaust, but I also don't drive it that much.

If those 4 tip exhausts for the 914 are anything like the 4 tip exhausts for Beetles, I wouldn't use it.
r_towle
+1 BBQ black...
Holds up on my wood stove (I get it red hot on occasion) and holds up on the mufflers fine...(that is a few years)

Sand blast it.
If you dont own a sandblaster, I have had luck with the monument shops. The guys who make gravestones are not always busy and they have a really nice sandblaster for etching gravestones...and they are cheap.

Rich
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2008, 03:28 PM) *

+1 BBQ black...
Holds up on my wood stove (I get it red hot on occasion) and holds up on the mufflers fine...(that is a few years)

Sand blast it.
If you dont own a sandblaster, I have had luck with the monument shops. The guys who make gravestones are not always busy and they have a really nice sandblaster for etching gravestones...and they are cheap.

Rich

i have acsess to a sand blaster. i am to close to the grave to wander into a tombstone shop. what is +1 bbq paint?. i have been a bbq chef for years but i never paint the meat, maybe i should. where does one purchase such an item.?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.