Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Getty Dash is installed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
After having to learn a bit of upholstery stuff, I got the dash in today. Thankfully, the dash already had stitched vinyl on the majority, but I wanted tan near the windshield, where I need to put material anyway, so I learned a bit about cutting & gluing vinyl. I only had to pull it out twice! dry.gif
Here's a few pics. I need to order a CHT/Volt gauge done up, so the fuel/oil level is just there for looks. I'll probably re-do the triple gauge with the stencils.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
markb
Another

Click to view attachment
markb
From the outside (yes, it needs a bath badly sad.gif )
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

BTW, has anybody who has a Getty been able to lock & unlock their glovebox? I can't get the key anywhere near the lock.
plymouth37
Looks good! Getty makes some great stuff!
Eric_Shea
agree.gif Looking great Mark.
jasons
Looks great, who wrapped the wheel?
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif Very nice
markb
The wheel is one of the later rubber ones with fake stitching.
roadster fan
It looks really great, the color combo is classy!

Jim
jim_hoyland
Very nice Mark !

I can get my key into the lock, not as easy as it was before...
PeeGreen 914
Now you just need the 911 column to complete the look wink.gif
markb
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 18 2008, 06:20 PM) *

Now you just need the 911 column to complete the look wink.gif

I'm just waiting to hear back from someone with the turn signal & wiper switches I'm missing. I already have everything else. biggrin.gif
914werke
I must admit the getty setup is growing on me smile.gif
Very nice. aktion035.gif
SGB
Wow. That looks cool.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 18 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I must admit the getty setup is growiung on me smile.gif
Very nice. aktion035.gif

agree.gif Most practical and gets rid of the center ---footcatching--console.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 18 2008, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 18 2008, 07:42 PM) *

I must admit the getty setup is growiung on me smile.gif
Very nice. aktion035.gif

agree.gif Most practical and gets rid of the center ---footcatching--console.

Click to view attachment
MoveQik
Looks good Mark. You need more cup holders between the seats. blink.gif biggrin.gif
G e o r g e
Looks good mark

I like the black and tan
carr914
Very Nice Mark. And quick too.

T.C.
computers4kids
Very nice Mark...I like the tan combination..sharp! Will that dash pass the "oringinality test?" laugh.gif IPB Image
jfort
I, too, like the color combination and the coordination with the rest of the interior. Very nice, Mark.
TravisNeff
Nice!! smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
The wheel is one of the later rubber ones with fake stitching.

Stay tuned for pics of mine. Dallas Custom stitched it for $249.00. Same thing Mark has and I couldn't be happier with the feel. They overlaid the leather over the stout foam. Perfect feel.
markb
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 18 2008, 10:54 PM) *

Looks good Mark. You need more cup holders between the seats. blink.gif biggrin.gif

Yup, you can never have enough cup holders. laugh.gif

I'm trying to find velcro that will hold one of the Octopus ones in place, but nothing is working, so I'm using the "stuff it between the seats" thing for now. I knew I should have finished cleaning out the car before taking pics. headbang.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2008, 10:43 AM) *

Stay tuned for pics of mine. Dallas Custom stitched it for $249.00. Same thing Mark has and I couldn't be happier with the feel. They overlaid the leather over the stout foam. Perfect feel.

popcorn[1].gif

I have a factory leather wrapped wheel, I want to get it over-wrapped.
TravisNeff
Here's a DIY thickgrip wheel how-to:
driving.gif
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forum/sho...=steering+wheel
Eric_Shea
Looked at that this spring. Tried to find leather. Got costs etc. Decided my time was worth more and I probably don't have hours to stitch away and have it end up looking like crap biggrin.gif

I shipped my wheel off Saturday when i left on vacation. Don at Dallas Custom Steering wheel had it back on my front porch last Thursday. Excellent workmanship (just don't ask them to finish the spokes for you... do that in advance.)

(sorry for the hijacked.gif Mark)
markb
We need pics, Eric!
Eric_Shea
Patience young locust.gif the paint is still drying lol3.gif
Eric_Shea
Ta-Da...

IPB Image
markb
Nice! drooley.gif
jasons
Yeah, looks great! I'm guessing you found out the hard way about refinishing the spokes?
Eric_Shea
I'm guessing you found out the hard way about refinishing the spokes?

Yeah. Dallas Custom was very nice. I called in advance and asked if they could perform this service. They stated "yes, it would be an additional $50.00." I thought that was reasonable if it was a proper refinish. It turned out to be 150 grit and a rattle can. Don was very cool about my concerns and he understood and immediately reversed the charge.

While I didn't really want to repaint it myself, I was forced to. I sanded everything down, used the 3M blue tape and was able to slide it under the yoke tabs. I used 600 grit and applied 3 coats of semi-gloss, sanding after each coat. I "may" finish it off with some 0000 steel wool, maybe not. It looks good as is... idea.gif

Thanks again to Kelly and Mark Heard for the wheel and center piece.
PeeGreen 914
That looks awsome. If I was going for an authentic look I would be doing that in a heartbeat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.