Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elephant bushing trailing arm install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Anyone have the instruction sheet for the trailing arm install of Elephant Bushings? I took mine to work and somehow it never made it home! The only thing I need to know is how far in from the bushing flange to drill and tap the grease zirc hole...
PeeGreen 914
Sorry Rob, I bought mine all done by Eric wink.gif Want me to go measure?
Michael N
This may help. biggrin.gif .

Elephant Racing Instructions for Rob
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 18 2008, 05:25 PM) *

Michael,
Is that from the Elephant Racing site? Why didn't I find that??? Jon, thanks anyway, I am hooked up! Just printed it...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 18 2008, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 18 2008, 05:25 PM) *

Michael,
Is that from the Elephant Racing site? Why didn't I find that??? Jon, thanks anyway, I am hooked up! Just printed it...

No problem aktion035.gif Who know if Eric did it right anyways av-943.gif

Just kidding Eric blink.gif laugh.gif
roadster fan
QUOTE(Michael N @ Aug 18 2008, 06:25 PM) *

Hey Michael,

Nice seeing you at the Historics on Sunday. Hijack over.

Jim
Eric_Shea
15/16"

I use larger zerks.

Some of the guys in the NW paid me to put "SloLube" in Jon's arms. It adds about 1 second to his AX times.
PRS914-6
Rob, install the arm temporarily on the car and mark the spot that works best for you. Elephant's recommendations are not always the best location.
Eric_Shea
I think Paul's talking about the zerks. That's a good idea.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 06:33 AM) *

15/16"

I use larger zerks.

Some of the guys in the NW paid me to put "SloLube" in Jon's arms. It adds about 1 second to his AX times.

I was wondering what that weird feeling was laugh.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Aug 20 2008, 07:07 AM) *

Rob, install the arm temporarily on the car and mark the spot that works best for you. Elephant's recommendations are not always the best location.

Funny story...

I thought the Elephant Bushings were a tight fit and would have to be pressed into the trailing arms. No problem, I will call my buddy Paul and have him press them in. I drive up to Paul's house (I love that drive) and Paul undoes the nuts on the ends of the shafts for the Delrin bushings, pulls out the shaft and the bushings and then hand pushes the Elephant Bushings in place. Huh... I could have done that!!! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I could have done that!!!

Well... that's debatable! tongue.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 01:07 PM) *

I could have done that!!!

Well... that's debatable! tongue.gif

All of the beauty in the world and Eric just pisses on it! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
No... SLITS had fallen over the edge of the cliff. I was just helping him up with my... rope.

See! That is NOT a P-I-N-K shirt. Damn homophobes!! It's what I like to refer to as Signal Salmon.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 03:59 PM) *

No... SLITS had fallen over the edge of the cliff. I was just helping him up with my... rope.

See! That is NOT a P-I-N-K shirt. Damn homophobes!! It's what I like to refer to as Signal Salmon.

So there you have it in Eric's own words... He was over there pissing on SLITS... Now we just need to hear from SLITS to see if he likes that kind of thing.

The forecast that day was for golden showers with salmon skies... piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
laugh.gif I didn't know Slits was in to that. Eric is wearing a cute Salmon colored shirt though av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
mad.gif

You guys are not allowed on Planet Utah!
ConeDodger
Oh no... Kicked out of Planet Utah... Would an apology do any good? Wait... Isn't Utah a big dry lake with a city at one end??? biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2008, 06:18 PM) *

Oh no... Kicked out of Planet Utah... Would an apology do any good? Wait... Isn't Utah a big dry lake with a city at one end??? biggrin.gif

av-943.gif It does have a very nice Ski area though blink.gif

Umm... I meant to say it was a handsome looking shirt laugh.gif

Oh who am I to talk. Troy gives me crap about my cloths regularly.
Eric_Shea
It's kinda like Mars with lotsa blonde women with tall foreheads driving Suburbans with 22" chromies and those fuched-up family decals on the back window (Sorry folks, if you have the family stick figure things on your rear window... you're gay! Don't worry, we won't tell your wife.)

Hot Mama's! jerkit.gif

(at least that's what we tell the Minnesota/Kalifornia wannabe transplants)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 05:24 PM) *

It's kinda like Mars with lotsa blonde women with tall foreheads driving Suburbans with 22" chromies and those fuched-up family decals on the back window (Sorry folks, if you have the family stick figure things on your rear window... you're gay! Don't worry, we won't tell your wife.)

Hot Mama's! jerkit.gif

(at least that's what we tell the Minnesota/Kalifornia wannabe transplants)

We have the same damn family decals. Except ours have ummmm less mommy figures than yours E... biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Except ours have ummmm less mommy figures than yours

Bummer! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 05:35 PM) *

Bummer! biggrin.gif

I agree... But I can almost see the rage when I said, "I'm sorry Yopu. But it is Abigail's night tonight..." mad.gif That would be one angry tiny little filipina!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2008, 06:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 05:35 PM) *

Bummer! biggrin.gif

I agree... But I can almost see the rage when I said, "I'm sorry Yopu. But it is Abigail's night tonight..." mad.gif That would be one angry tiny little filipina!

I really don't know how they do it. I love my wife and she is awesome but when she's made she is a handful. The topper is she is not even close to as bad as most women. Now multiply that by two or three? I don't think so biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
You boys don't know how to control yer weminz.

Tip: Make it so "only you" know their secret name and "only you" can call them into the Kindom of Heaven (no... I can't make this $hit up).
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 06:54 PM) *

Tip: Make it so "only you" know their secret name and "only you" can call them into the Kindom of Heaven (no... I can't make this $hit up).

av-943.gif That is why it is so funny... and yet not blink.gif
914rhatt
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 20 2008, 07:08 PM) *

WOW and all that discussion for a trailing arm bushing...does it gothat far when somomeone asks about rebuilding an engine???? I love Utah...as long as I am on the ski slope....no talking to any one....LOLOLOL I lived in American Fork for many years and my wife is from there...My mom is from Delta...I love Utah so much I moved to the Nevada desert....it is quiet...and we have very few of the decals on the suburbans...LOLOL
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(914rhatt @ Aug 20 2008, 10:25 PM) *

WOW and all that discussion for a trailing arm bushing...does it gothat far when somomeone asks about rebuilding an engine???? I love Utah...as long as I am on the ski slope....no talking to any one....LOLOLOL I lived in American Fork for many years and my wife is from there...My mom is from Delta...I love Utah so much I moved to the Nevada desert....it is quiet...and we have very few of the decals on the suburbans...LOLOL

Oh you don't want to know what happens with engine rebuilds blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 20 2008, 11:47 PM) *

I think 4 cylinder cars are better happy11.gif
914rhatt
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 21 2008, 09:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 20 2008, 11:47 PM) *

I think 4 cylinder cars are better happy11.gif

Yes they are, but I do like V8's but have never owned a muscle car only German muscle...LOLOL I love my little 914 and my Audi, and my Scirocco...oops I bought the wife a Suzuki though....(I don;t think she knows how to drive a german car...every time she gets into drive one of my cars she breaks it...LOLOL happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.