QUOTE(BMXerror @ Aug 18 2008, 06:33 PM) *

Beautiful! aktion035.gif
Mark D.

agree.gif Wow!
sixnotfour
Rich, Great Progress.
how about a side shot ?
PeeGreen 914
Soooooooooooooo close. Nice work Rich. I can't wait to see it on the road. aktion035.gif
championgt1
agree.gif That looks great.
McMark
Nice work! Nice to see you've found your motivation. smilie_pokal.gif KEEP GOING!
effutuo101
Right on Rich! The front trunk is almost empty! Keep it up and the sun will come back.
KELTY360
All right Rich! How did the ventilation controls installation go?

smilie_pokal.gif
914werke
ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! mad.gif chair.gif headbang.gif chair.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif chair.gif sad.gif

One step forward two steps back.
Went about putting in my OE german glass lovingly stored these so many yrs
and all was perfect.
So went out to remove a Windshield from the 73 that is being cut up and with the help of the glass man removed it in one piece...
until.....SNAP....!@#$% Oh well Sorry Dan.
It wasnt a sure thing anyway so back to working on the LE.
Lower myself under the dash by grasping the A-piller and you guessed it ...
SNAP.... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Cracked the F'er!
Im SO bummed sad.gif
Cant seem to get a break lately... Im drinking. unsure.gif
Tom
Sorry to hear that Rich. Car is looking good tho'.
Did you get my PM about the Gold letters?
Tom
Eric_Shea
Keep at it Rich... Looks great! Don't let the set backs settle in. smilie_pokal.gif
JRust
Now Rich quit passing my work & car off for your own! We all know that is my creamsicle. poke.gif Like you own one of the rarest 914's made. I mean really icon8.gif

Nice looking work Rich. You car is inspiring. Maybe I can actually go down in the garage this weekend do something rolleyes.gif
TravisNeff
Damn! That's minty fresh! drooley.gif
914werke
So did some checking and shor nuff biggrin.gif you still can get OE Glass
from Porsche aktion035.gif
Its not cheap but I hope its the last glass the car will ever see.
part # 914 541 102 10 described as "Heat Protection Glass" which
is the Tinted option smile.gif
Now I gotta wait for it to show up from Germany.
Gint
I'm afraid to ask... what'd it cost?
JRust
I can't wait to see it Rich. I need some more motivation. I do have a guy coming to check out the LE next week. He's a local body/paint guy I found on CL. Semi retired & just doing it for fun. Winter special is $25 hour labor rate aktion035.gif . Plus parts & supplies of course. Was doing Mopar restorations for the last 20+ years. He's coming to my place to check out my car. He's also going to bring a photo album of his work. I'm trying not toget to amped up about it. He may turn out to be a putz rolleyes.gif . Sounded like a pretty standup guy though. Just be nice as he is local & pretty cheap. Also be good as I can do it in stages as money permits.

If that doesn't work out it is saving some more $$$ & heading up to Jerry Mahoney's in WA (Jmmotorsports). I've heard nothing but good things about his work. I know his 914-8 was beautifully done & have talked with him. It will take me longer to finish this way but would definately be done right.
J P Stein
As you well know, Rich, I'm not much of a CW but even I can appreciate such work & dedication.....I think you have a loose screw, but not on your car. biggrin.gif
plymouth37
WOW, nice work. Your attention to detail is amazing, keep up the great work!
pktzygt
I missed this thread when it was new. My jaw just about hit the floor when I saw those pics. In my limited 914 experience, Auto Atlanta is the only place where I've seen a really nice car like yours in person.
jc914
that look nice biggrin.gif smile.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 11 2009, 08:37 AM) *

I'm afraid to ask... what'd it cost?

wub.gif $544.FOB to the dealer wacko.gif
914werke
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 18 2008, 06:42 PM) *

Rich, Great Progress.
how about a side shot ?

Thanks all, as requested:

Click to view attachment

Not the best shot I dont have much room and less light headbang.gif

Here's the damage I caused sad.gif ..

Click to view attachment

and an interior shot just after doors went on,

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
OK Rich I Know , stirthepot.gif
you have the New windshield In.
the Brakes Now Work.
the Fuel Pump Now Runs.

Have you started it up yet ??

Don't make Greenie come over and drink beer. beerchug.gif
914werke
Rolled it out of the garage yesterday and tried to start her. huh.gif
No joy but scared the crap outta my kids with a couple of wicked backfires biggrin.gif
Ill tinker with timing and possibly spark tonight , I KNOW Ive got fuel aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
I KNOW Ive got fuel

scared the crap outta my kids with a couple of wicked backfires

And spark , just at the wrong time.
914werke
Ok so Jamie was shaming me into finally working on the car.
Spent the long WE in the garage with a bottle, working on a host of little things that I needed to complete.
Also pulled the dizzy to reindex & time
6freak
lets see who gets on the road first ...Rich or Jamie ....ready set go
morph
I have been wondering how this project has been going.
james
6freak
Hey rich did the windscreen crack with the top off or on ....kinda like to know so i dont do the same thing ...I presume it was off

Need to get a teener frezz`n cold tuesday planned its been awhile
914werke
Yup, when it was off, the targa probably adds more support than
you might imagine. confused24.gif

I wont do that again chair.gif
6freak
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 3 2009, 07:09 AM) *

Yup, when it was off, the targa probably adds more support than
you might imagine. confused24.gif

I wont do that again chair.gif

i do know it add`s alot ...specialy when AX but i still take it off on nice days
JRust
Man I'm glad I saw this. I've helped myself up on more than one occasion by grabbing there. Especially right now without the top on. I would be so pissed if I do this wiht my brand new OEM windshield in. That flat out sucks Rich. I forgot all about it.

So glad to see you working on the LE again. My schedule is just crap the next few weeks. Doubt I will get much garage time. Very cool to see you at yours again. I do have an uncracked windshield out of a parts car. If you were so inclined I would give it to another Creamsicle gladly. Of course I am a good 5+ hour drive. I did save the box from my new windshield though confused24.gif
914werke
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 27 2009, 01:27 PM) *

OK Rich I Know , stirthepot.gif
you have the New windshield In.
the Brakes Now Work.
the Fuel Pump Now Runs.

Have you started it up yet ??

Don't make Greenie come over and drink beer. beerchug.gif

Well the PHOENIX has Risen ~!!
It lives to drive another day aktion035.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif

Started it yesterday after chasing down all manner of DACO (dumb ass current owner) issues, now I have to tune it in, correct some exhaust leaks & get it aligned & corner balanced.....

Then I can start working on the body headbang.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh that DACO poke.gif

Congrats Rich....long time in coming. If you need a hand with anything let me know smile.gif
Root_Werks
Cool!

Deserves a visit for sure. drunk.gif
sixnotfour
lets see who gets on the road first ...Rich or Jamie ....ready set go

I heard there was a LE @cantrell motorsports for alignment.
914werke
Ya I guess all I needed was a kick in the ass & an extra pair of hands. Thanks! aktion035.gif
Corner balance, Lowering & alignment ... Expect to have it back Wed. Then I get to start Fine tuning the injection.
Ive met Colin before I coulnt place him, after we talked for a bit of course it came back to Goodman.
Looking forward to Finally driving a Teener again smile.gif
Root_Werks
Hey Rich, I dug this up to see if there was any updates or cool pictures of your 914 in driving scenery?

driving.gif
914werke
Not yet, Its been sitting as I have been consumed by a NEW JOB!!!
aktion035.gif w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif Two yrs outta work is a LOOONG time.

Not just the usually "new gig" getting familiar stuff either, I had a meeting today that blew my mind! wacko.gif idea.gif

Anyway it runs but as I said before will require a bit of tuning.
I still am trying to help Matt get Ugmo sorted, smash.gif two tubs stripped for the crusher sawzall-smiley.gif and I have Chris's car on the rotiss welder.gif
Root_Werks
You know, 914 takes a back seat to the new gig.

Good for you!

smilie_pokal.gif

Old man winter is right around the corner. It'd be great if you could get your 914 out for at least one run this year.

Keep us posted!

driving.gif
914werke
Well its been a while since I posted to this thing so I feel a bit ashamed based on the chronicling of MANY members on thier projects here.
I commend you guys. first.gif grouphug.gif

Anyway "life" has been up & down for me of late and the victim has been this poor car which probably should already be being driven chair.gif

So to get myself motivated to complete I addressed a detail that had been bugging me.
R. Shocks. Since this thing was supposed to be a ALL original resto the Yellow Bilsteins seemed out of place & finding NOS units has been pretty tough,
So here's what I did:

Click to view attachment
Root_Werks
Soooooo in 5 months you painted some rear shocks?

happy11.gif

Kidding of course.

It's good to see you wrenching on the LE again. It's such a nice 914 and it's going to be great seeing it on local drives.

driving.gif

BTW - I should be able to bring the rim down to you maybe this weekend.
914werke
smile.gif
So ......I drove the bitch for the 1st time in more than,
....2 years blink.gif pray.gif

It was so nice outside today & I was contemplating another purchase screwy.gif
so before I made that decision I decided to roll her out & fire it up.

popcorn[1].gif Took a little tinkering but some fresh gas & piratenanner.gif Vroom!

Drove it around the neighborhood to assess what else I need to work on driving-girl.gif
then just .5 mile from the house & it just died hissyfit.gif

confused24.gif Oh well its to be expected. Jeff assisted me getting it home but it is definitely fuel related.

Thats what Im working on tonight. smash.gif
PeeGreen 914
Awesome Rich beerchug.gif
McMark
Check to see if your gas tank settled and kinked a fuel line. Take off the front pan and pull the lines out of the hole in the bottom. Then carefully re-feed them in without letting them kink.

Really psyched for you though. I can't wait to get another 0.5m in my car. happy11.gif
NORD

Glad to hear that it starts and goes. I thought it was there to hold the

jack stands down. I'll put you on the list for Artist Point drive this

summer. driving.gif
JRust
Excellent Rich! Great to hear you drove it. Even if it was a short stint. I haven't driven mine since I was at your house getting the front fender fixed. SO you are the LE man Rich beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Funny thing is when you called , I told you I was painting wheels, must have been some kind of alien connection.
Did you figure out the problem ?
914werke
Not yet, but it is the 2nd day of summer so I felt obligated to roll it out
& resume some troubleshooting
Fuel is getting to the pump
pump is energizing on key
pump is building pressure to the regulator once cranked
I tapped the the Drivers side rail to measure pressure ..all is good.
Checked the return line to the tank and it isnt plugged
confused24.gif
This ones got me stumped.. headbang.gif
I guess Ill pull each bank of injectors to see if they firing but its unlikely
that BOTH sides have issues idea.gif
Spark isnt the issue.
I recall reading that a cold start injector failure can prevent starts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.