Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shift light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I have a smaller steering wheel and even with the tach rotated, it's hard to see the needle near the red line. So, I installed a shift light. I ran a wire from the CD box to the dash for the RPM feed. 12 volts and ground come from the leads to the tach. I programmed it to start lighting at 5,000 and the last, red, light comes on at 6,500. works great. get it here:

http://www.caraddiction.co.uk/sld5.htm

Click to view attachment
dbgriffith75
Look out man you're driving the wrong way!!!
SGB
Nice.
Joe Ricard
Not driving the wrong way, he just spun the car while hitting the rev limiter in 2nd gear IN THE SNOW.

I crack me up.
r_towle
at 0 rpms....laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jfort @ Aug 19 2008, 07:00 AM) *

I have a smaller steering wheel and even with the tach rotated, it's hard to see the needle near the red line.

I had the same problem and my solution was to turn the tach upside down. Now i can see the full range again plus i can see the turn signal indicators (which i simply switched over left/right) ...

Took me a few days to get used to the tach needle going from right to left, but now it's just fine ...

I've got a pic somewhere, need to dig for it ...
bye1.gif Andy
type47
also doubles as a warning signal for head on collision..... rolleyes.gif

99% of the members here would like to have a car with the ignition switch on the left....
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 19 2008, 10:47 AM) *

99% of the members here would like to have a car with the ignition switch on the left....

Build your own!
shades.gif Andy

PS: here you can also see how i turned my tach upside down and rotated the speedo to see the important mph range, 20 - 100 ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.