Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS HE's for the 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I came across these last night while surfing. About $ 2,900.00

http://www.haywardandscott.com/Details.asp...amp;category=16
JeffBowlsby
I am so glad I am not into the 914/6s...they are great but could not begin to afford them...
smg914
It seems like they would be difficult to install because they don't have the holes that go all the way thru the box which allow access to the allen nuts and bolts that hold them to the heads.

Here is a picture of the original factory ones that I put on my M471 for comparison.
6freak
QUOTE(smg914 @ Aug 19 2008, 01:53 PM) *

It seems like they would be difficult to install because they don't have the holes that go all the way thru the box which allow access to the allen nuts and bolts that hold them to the heads.

Here is a picture of the original factory ones that I put on my M471 for comparison.

Top picture is after market or something i`ve not seen before the second picture is the true H.E and there not that bad IF you have the proper tools..and they must come off every 3k miles for valve ajustments thats the pain in the butt...just looked at the web page ...someone tell lavanut about these
iamchappy
I agree with install difficulty without the holes, swivel sockets would probably get to the nuts though, i just took my HE's off for the summer and installed my headers.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 19 2008, 02:47 PM) *

someone tell lavanut about these

Lavanut's looking for factory units, thanks though Mike. Still interesting to see though.
Eric_Shea
lol3.gif ya "NUT" biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
They look like they would exchange more heat then the Billy Boat or GLH ones.
GeorgeRud
I haven't checked recently, but aren't they about the same price as the factory ones? I believe the factory ones were still available the last time I checked, but not cheap either!
Lavanaut
New factory units are around $2500....per side. wacko.gif
seanery
those look interesting idea.gif
IronHillRestorations
I communicated with that company some time ago, and I wouldn't go that route. They have constructed those HEs with welds inside the heat collectors which is a serious no-no. Although they claim to never had a problem, just make sure your life insurance is paid up!

Just because someone makes 'em doesn't mean they should! From my experience it's not easy to find aftermarket HE's that actually fit the first time!
TROJANMAN
These are a little cheaper.............wink.gif

IronHillRestorations
GHL will be the next ones I try. I'm through with B&B, unless you are ready to pay for the extra time, and return shipping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.