Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesiv
I want to upgrade my front suspension to 911 level what would you do e.g. brakes, tie-rods, rotors, sway-bar, etc? The complete front-end street and some track. What would you recommend? piratenanner.gif

Regards,

James
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jesiv @ Aug 19 2008, 08:59 PM) *

I want to upgrade my front suspension to 911 level what would you do e.g. brakes, tie-rods, rotors, sway-bar, etc? The complete front-end street and some track. What would you recommend? piratenanner.gif

Regards,

James

From the inside going out rack spacers, turbo tie rods, new ball joints, Elephant Bushings or FullMotion, Koni Yellow Adjustables, Camber adjustable monoballs, Tarrett Bar, for brakes if you are still stock 4 cylinder good pads, and good service level. If you can lock 'em don't knock 'em!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 19 2008, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jesiv @ Aug 19 2008, 08:59 PM) *

Regards,

James

From the inside going out rack spacers, turbo tie rods, new ball joints, Elephant Bushings or FullMotion, Koni Yellow Adjustables, Camber adjustable monoballs, Tarrett Bar, for brakes if you are still stock 4 cylinder good pads, and good service level. If you can lock 'em don't knock 'em!

agree.gif I have all of the above, used the Elephants, and the front feels sooooo nice. I have S calipers on there too which making braking easy. I also have 23mm hallow torsion bars. You may want to do 21 hollow if it is more of a street car but I still drive mine on the street and it feels fine as long as the road isn't chitty.
Eric_Shea
driving.gif

Click to view attachment
McMark
FreeMotion! biggrin.gif
Turbo tie rods.
New ball joints.
Adjustable Konis or Bilsteins.
Powdercoat everything.
New wheel bearings.

What's yer motor? Brakes depend on your Master Plan™.
Eric_Shea
He trademarked Master Plan... Damn It! mad.gif

lol3.gif
McMark
He trademarked Master Plan... Damn It!

You owe me $50 for that usage Eric. tongue.gif
Eric_Shea
Oh... now I see what your Master Pla... hey waaaaaait a minute. I'm not gonna fall for that again.
Leo Imperial
Free Motion Rocks! But my Master Plan ($50 being sent via Paypal) includes the rears... How long before you make that available???

hijacked.gif but sort of related due to Muster Plon (Take me to court like Mac Dowells)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2008, 09:57 PM) *

Oh my... I think I need a change of shorts and a cigarette. smoke.gif Those are sooooooooooooooooo pretty!
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 05:28 PM) *

Tease!!! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
whistle[1].gif

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Beautiful stuff but this guy doesn't need FreeMotion ... He is only trying to get to 911 level handling. He can do that by letting the air out of one of his tires. Then just like a 911 you don't know what the hell it is going to do in a corner! biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Watch it Mister... mad.gif

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 05:39 PM) *

Watch it Mister... mad.gif

Click to view attachment

Oh I love mine too! But you have to admit, it depends on her mood whether she is going to understeer or oversteer in any given corner. Sometimes both...

driving.gif Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! As I swap ends... biggrin.gif
FourBlades
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2008, 06:38 PM) *

Beautiful stuff but this guy doesn't need FreeMotion ... He is only trying to get to 911 level handling. He can do that by letting the air out of one of his tires. Then just like a 911 you don't know what the hell it is going to do in a corner! biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
McMark
Watch it Mister...

You dropped your camera Eric. Whoops! pinch.gif
AgPete139
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 20 2008, 08:33 PM) *

Phallic much? sheeplove.gif

haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.