Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT I want one of these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
IPB Image
seanery
IPB Image
F4i
I am not a crusier guy and even I thik that bike is cool. I think his name is Chris Rooke And that is like his first or second bike. Very cool.
seanery
Jesse Rooke. Baddassmofo in my book.
F4i
Thats right. You're name has to be Jesse to make bikes it seems laugh.gif Cool guy though, Very young if I recall.
seanery
IPB Image
seanery
The Article
He looks fairly young.
IPB Image
F4i
I saw the show on the Discovery channel a while back. Good article, you can't tell my sportbike buddies that I went to hotbikes website. Deny Deny Deny
Jeroen
I'm not a bike guy... but this one's cool!
I like the simplicity of the design and the single sided suspension is a nice touch

cheers,

Jeroen
Joe Bob
Afraid to ask....how much?
scottb
ok, that rocks....

what is the fuel capacity on that thing? tank is not in the normal spot per my keen observation.....

sign me up for one once the wife says ok... wacko.gif
seanery
It's one of a kind, so if you have to ask about price...

The fuel tank is where the oil tank would normally go and the oil is in the frame (i believe).
maf914
Cool bike.

Where are the brakes? I don't see any disks or handles.

Mike
Joe Bob
Everything is internal.....the clutch handle is a twist grip....all high dollar bling.
F4i
The rear brake is the chain sprocket. No front brake.
JmuRiz
I thought it was a right foot brake, left foot clutch pedal (just like a car) with the right hand as the throttle, like normal, and a suicide shifter just underneith his left leg while riding (if you've seen the American Chopper with the 'old skool chopper' it's the same idea). Definitely need to get used to that one, even tougher than a jockeyshift to drive, more like the old Indians had.
RocknRollFrenzy
if you look at the picture where he's riding the bike, the toe of his left foot is beneath the lever. to me that implies that its a regular gearshift lever. oddly enough it appears to have a hand shifter on the left side too......but its set so the end is pretty much right in your crotch.........that would be weird.......no front brake would scare me too.......i almost never use my rear when i'm riding.......i wonder if maybe its got some kind of a linked brake system thats opperated from a single foot control.......that could be kind of neat.
F4i
crusiers don't need good brakes. They are for looking at
SirAndy
so, what happens if you slide off the seat backwards at 70mph? laugh.gif

what a ugly visual icon8.gif

also, the suspension doesn't seem to have a lot of travel, front or back.
NOT good for california roads ...

looks more like a concept to keep in a glass-jar rather than a driver,
Andy
steve@ottosvenice.com
A rolling Joke, No Brakes, The front end will shear off at the first pot hole, Just a waste of time and Money.

Hes a REAL bike:
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 2 2004, 05:29 PM)
also, the suspension doesn't seem to have a lot of travel, front or back.
Andy

My mountain bike has more travel than that.....

Of course it has more travel than my 914 also. laugh.gif
seanery
Hey Andy, if you don't like Cali roads don't come east. The roads here are worse. We get a nice freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw effect that does wonders. The LA roads are like butter compared to ours.
PatW
Good look'n machine.. Oh wait. No brakes. Stovebolt paint shaker motor. Ape hangers. First pothole and you are doing the flying "W" over the bars. Still looks heavy enough to need a tow-truck if you ever drop it. Never be enough just to ride it, you'll need every piece of chrome BS just to hang out with the other dudes that are looking at everyone else's piece or chrome. Wondering if they are missing something they don't have. I'd rather push my Ducati, up hill both ways before I ride that. Ya, i'm biased

Did I mention its a good looking machine? Likley gets the babes. Looks like an orginal concept. Give him credit for the work. I'd ride one of those if I still wasn't into going fast.
Sammy
Great concept, great art, great fabrication and imagination, but from an engineering perspective it sux. The front fork and swing arm are prolly as strong as a paper clip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.