Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ELECTRONIC IGNITION
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
I am going to attempt to place a link to ebay for an electronic ignition I was thinking about getting. The add is actually for the whole distributor pre assembled with cap rotor and electronic ignition module installed. Has anyone used this and if so is it good. It is $99 plus s/h
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electronic-...sspagenameZWDVW
Thanks Joe.
blitZ
I've never heard of that brand. If you are going to replace your points, you might consider a proven product. You can get the Crane optical for less than the ebay item from Summit Racing. I have been using one for over a year, it's very reliable and easy to install.
Joe Ricard
I fail to see how this item is going to make a hotter spark.

Maybe a bit more accurate in terms of timing the spark event. MAYBE

You need a Coil to make spark. You need a distributor to put the spark in the right hole at the right time.

Bottom line that thing probably sucks.
Brando
It could potentially be as good as pertronix or compufire.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 21 2008, 05:49 AM) *

I fail to see how this item is going to make a hotter spark.

Maybe a bit more accurate in terms of timing the spark event. MAYBE

You need a Coil to make spark. You need a distributor to put the spark in the right hole at the right time.

Bottom line that thing probably sucks.

It looks like a points replacement module to me.
It utilizes the stock coil and distributor.
confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
No where that I saw did it say "the whole distributor pre assembled with cap rotor and electronic ignition module installed". I read " conversion kit".
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Aug 21 2008, 05:09 PM) *

No where that I saw did it say "the whole distributor pre assembled with cap rotor and electronic ignition module installed". I read " conversion kit".

You gotta read all the way to the bottom. For $99 they'll sell you this module pre-installed in a .009

Perfect for that VW Industrial engine powering your irrigation pump on the back 40. suboptimal for a moving vehicle.

As points replacements go it looks like it could be decent although I am skeptical that it actually uses Hall-Effect sensing technology. Eddy-current peak-detection I could believe...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif happy11.gif

I know nothing about this product, however I have a Pertronix on my 914 for 4

yr. with no trouble. $99.00 for the dizzy and the module i would suspect some

crap ola . My 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
JOE M
Well that was my first thourht that it was crap. No matter what I need a cap,rotor,points,and condensor for my tune up. I figured that would run around 50
6freak
QUOTE(JOE M @ Aug 21 2008, 04:45 AM) *

I am going to attempt to place a link to ebay for an electronic ignition I was thinking about getting. The add is actually for the whole distributor pre assembled with cap rotor and electronic ignition module installed. Has anyone used this and if so is it good. It is $99 plus s/h
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Electronic-...sspagenameZWDVW
Thanks Joe.

Jerry woods enterprises has a nice product.....408-369-9607 Campbell CA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.