Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R/C 914 Body Group Buy - Closed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
djm914-6
I'm just getting a feel for interest first. I've contacted the supplier to see if he's interested in shipping more of these to the US as well.

If this goes forward, I'll need payment up front and will of course offer painted bodies at a discount during the group buy period.

If you're interested, please let me know.

edit: Oh, depending on the EUR to Dollar exchange rate, the price shipped may be in the $40-$50 range, but I'm working on that.

Edit:
$33 per body
$12 shipping

If I have payment for more than 30 bodies by the time I order then, I'll refund you the $3 discount or put it towards a paint job. I want to place the order October 1st.

Now I just hope the Euro/Dollar rates don't change.

Send Check to:
David McLaughlin
2 Olean Road
Burlington MA 01803

In hopes of getting a few more orders, I'm keeping the buy open till the end of the week. If you want to pay by paypal, please add 5% to the total and use airboston@comcast.net for the account.

Orders (payment received):
George Henry - 2 Bodies (hold for paint)
Jason Panciera - 2 Bodies
Gary Gartner - 1 Body Painted
Chris Glanville (Nor.Cal.914) - 1 Body
Joe Sharp - 5?? Painted??
Jamie Wheeler - 2 Bodies
Kelly Thorson (echocanyons) - 1 Body Painted
Brett Laurila (BKLA) - 2 Bodies / 1 Painted
Charles McLendon - 1 Body
James Knowlton - 2 Bodies
Mike Ginter - 2 Bodies
Robert Sime - 1 Body
Van Svenson - 1 Body
Francisco Camacho - 2 Bodies
Jason Hemphill - 2 Bodies
r_towle
Does your car run yet???

Rich
Phoenix-MN
Do you know what track/wheelbase fits these shells?

Thanks

Paul
gary gartner

O K , I would like to get one for my nephew, but are
RC bodies a "one size fits all"????????
what do I need to know about sizes of these thigs??? confused24.gif

TIA
Gary
seanery
I think the last ones we had were 1/24th scale...can't remember for sure. If not 1/24th they may have been 1/32nd but I don't think that was it.
736conver
They were 1/24 lexan bodies last time. Gt style or stock style.

And they also were only $14 last time. Demick did that run. Is this from the same supplier as thats quite the jump in price.
nsr-jamie
One of my good buddies at work has so many RC cars that he said he would give me a couple of them....I don'T know much about RC cars, but I would love to have a 914 one and especially with flares. Count me in!!

Jamie
Gustl
I'm pretty sure Dave's talking about the Carson 1/10 body

it fits the Tamiya M-02L as well as the M-04L Chassis

there might be some other Chassis that fit, but I always took the M-04L

bye1.gif Gustl
914MF
I would be interested in one.
Gustl
see here one of my built M-04L chassies - including all the R/C components and ESC

IPB Image

IPB Image

bye1.gif Gustl
djm914-6
Actually the first R/C group buy was Demick's 1:24 scale bodies. Sometime after that, I did one for these 1:10 scale GT shells. These are designed to fit a Tamiya M04L chassis - 240mm Wheelbase/ 170mm width.

IPB Image IPB Image

For some painted examples, go to my R/C Gallery ( http://www.airbostongraphics.com/galRC.htm ). If anyone has photos of their painted up, let see 'em.

Here are a few kits that will work for this body:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXRXV3&P=7

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXPXS5&P=7

This one is a M04M (medium) but has the L (long) part included.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXFSG4&P=0

There are others out there, but these are an easy fit.

Rich, no, I don't have my car working yet. To many other things require my time or money.
seanery
I'm down for 2 if they're the big ones!
Wes V
If you have an original, how about taking a mold and make copies. (I don't think it would be illegal due to no longer being available)

Here is a youtube link showing how;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcttXLha3ZU...feature=related

Then sell them to us for a reasonable price.

Wes V
JoeSharp
David, you have PM. I need 2.
7TPorsh
Not knowing a thing about RC; what would the entire cost of the car end up costing to put together?
djm914-6
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 21 2008, 05:55 PM) *

Not knowing a thing about RC; what would the entire cost of the car end up costing to put together?

If you take the Beetle Kit from Tower Hobbies and add a radio, battery and charger, you come to around $220 depending on level of equipment. Add the 914 shell (about $45) you get a total of $265ish. Like full size race cars, you can get in real deap real fast, but this is a basic kit. All you would need is paint and time to assemble (about 1 to 2 nights). If you want to go faster, just add money.

Got your PM Joe. Sounds like we have a few interested, I'll come up with an estimate to give to the vender so I can nail down a price.

djm914-6
QUOTE(Wes V @ Aug 21 2008, 05:03 PM) *

If you have an original, how about taking a mold and make copies. (I don't think it would be illegal due to no longer being available)

Here is a youtube link showing how;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcttXLha3ZU...feature=related

Then sell them to us for a reasonable price.

Wes V

Much harder than it looks and the body is still available just not in the US. I'm starting to make some small parts, but to make a vacuum molding machine to pull consistant 1:10 scall shells require quite a layout not to mention skill.
roadster fan
I am in for 2. Can't wait, something else 914 related to spend money on chair.gif

Jim
djm914-6
looks like we have some interest. I'll estimate 25 bodies and see what the dealer comes back with for a total shipping price. The cost per body is 19,95EUR to that I'll devide the shipping costs from Germany and add something to get it from here to each buyer. Usually I can ship a body anywhere in the US for about $8 to $10.
JoeSharp
Let me know before you order David as I may up my order to 4 or more.
Demick
Mine....
JoeSharp
Yeah! Demick's is REALLY Nice, has 4 wheel drive. I have been trying to complete an MO4L that is 4 wheel drive.
seanery
damn, that's nice Demmick!!!
gary gartner

O K definateley put me down for one----
(winter project for my Colorado nephew)
thanks
gary driving.gif
djm914-6
I'm emailing the vendor now to get a final price per unit based on the twenty requests I see here. I'll need to add to that: shipping from here to everyone including any boxes or envelopes. I'm not looking to make any money, but I can not chance loosing any either so bear with me for final pricing I want to make sure I get it all right.
melnyk
count me in
G e o r g e
I want one , make it 2 beerchug.gif
racerx9146
2 for me, thanks Daron
djm914-6
Here's where we stand right now...

the shipping quote up to 20 Bodies is 32,00 Euro.
Up from 30 bodies there is a possible discount of 10 percent.
The shipping quote for 30-40 bodies is 42,00 Euro

I'll need to divide these prices by the number of bodies and also add to it shipping (including some sort of packaging) from here to everyone.

The last group buy, I used a heavy padded envelope; did that work out well or should I use boxes?
jdogg
Keep me in the loop, I'm in for 2.
Gint
Bumpage... so I can read all of this later, but I'll have to get one this time around. Thanks Dave.
seanery
If you use priority mail they will provide packaging. They'll even deliver the empty boxes to your door.
JoeSharp
How about an up-date Dave?
djm914-6
Sorry for the silence. I've been out straight with the three jobs I'm working now. I'll try to get this finalized in the next day or two.
JoeSharp
No push on this David. I was out of town for 4 days and didn't see anything going on.
djm914-6
Ok, I forced some time into my schedule to figure out what to do here. Assuming we have less than 30 bodies being purchased the numbers look like this...

$33 per body
$12 shipping

If I have payment for more than 30 bodies by the time I order then, I'll refund you the $3 discount or put it towards a paint job. I want to place the order October 1st.

Send Check to:
David McLaughlin
2 Olean Road
Burlington MA 01803
G e o r g e
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 15 2008, 01:07 PM) *

Ok, I forced some time into my schedule to figure out what to do here. Assuming we have less than 30 bodies being purchased the numbers look like this...

$33 per body
$12 shipping

Send Check to:
David McLaughlin
2 Olean Road
Burlington MA 01803

pm sent
djm914-6
To answer a question I've been asked a few times and to offer a deal...
I'll paint any of these bodies in typical 914 trim for $50 trimmed, painted and decals applied.
djm914-6
Oh, and when sending out the check, please make sure I have your screen name and correct USPS address. Thanks!
jdogg
Dumb question....is the $12 shipping per body or per order?
djm914-6
QUOTE(jdogg @ Sep 16 2008, 10:31 PM) *

Dumb question....is the $12 shipping per body or per order?

I should be able to ship up to three for this price.
Gustl
another dump question ... how much for overseas shipping ... let's say to Austria / Europe idea.gif

if I could manage to sell enaugh from my duplicate stuff in time, so that I get my PayPal funds for a nice painted shell, I'd be in for one aktion035.gif
I have a very nice idea for a paint sceme smile.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
Gint
I'll try to get a check in the mail in the next day or so Dave. Thanks for putting this together.
jdogg
Just dropped a check in the mail this morning for 2 bodies!

And I just realized I forgot to include my screen name on the note.....So when you get the check from Jason Panciera, remember this reply, haha!!

Thanks so much for putting this together...it looks like maybe this winter I won't be neck deep in 914 projects, so I'll actually have time to play with something else!
djm914-6
9 days to go before the order is placed.
Gustl
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 22 2008, 06:48 PM) *

did you get my last reply to your PM ??
I didn't hear anything since then confused24.gif

idea.gif Gustl
djm914-6
QUOTE(Gustl @ Sep 22 2008, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 22 2008, 06:48 PM) *

did you get my last reply to your PM ??
I didn't hear anything since then confused24.gif

idea.gif Gustl

Yup, got it was confused for a bit... and maybe still am. PM reply sent
Nor.Cal.914
Are these 1/10th scale bodies? If so, I think I'll have to place an order for one as well. Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
djm914-6
Yup, 10th scale. See first post for ordering info. Deadline for checks to be received in MA is 10/1/08
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Sep 23 2008, 12:16 PM) *

Yup, 10th scale. See first post for ordering info. Deadline for checks to be received in MA is 10/1/08

Cool! I'll have a check on its way to you tomorrow! Thanks
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.