Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '74 2.7 Conversion SOLD SOLD SOLD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Allan
Had it up for sale a few months ago but got cold feet. After a re-evaluation I have reluctantly decided that it’s time to let it go.

Here’s the skinny:

Motor – 2.7 /6
The motor had a bad head leak when I bought the car so I took it to Don Clark at Victory Motor Sports in Temecula, Ca. and had him tear it down. He inspected every component and replaced anything that was even close to being out of tolerance. While it was apart, he replaced the pistons, cylinders, and rings, installed case-savers, new seals, intermediate bearings, and had the heads machined to match the new cylinders. It is running “S” pistons and Solex cams with Weber 40mm carbs.

Ignition
Mallory 6al ignition with Pertronix, MSD Blaster II coil, and Magnecore 8mm plug wires.

Fuel
Fuel is supplied by a CB Performance internally regulated rotary pump from a freshly cleaned and painted tank with all new filters (3), high pressure fuel lines, and in-line pressure gauge.

Exhaust
Car is running headers with a stock 911 muffler.

Suspension
Front – Front suspension and 5 lug conversion parts are from a ’72 911. All new bearings, seals, tie-rod ends, and ball joints. Factory sway bar, Koni red strut inserts, bump steer kit, and turbo tie-rods.
Rear – Drilled stock hubs and rotors, new bearings, stock sway bar, 140 lb. springs, and new PMB inner universal joints.

Brakes
Front 911 “M” calipers freshly rebuilt by PMB Performance with Mintex pads, new ATE 19mm master cylinder, stock 914 rear calipers with Mintex pads, and new stainless flex lines running Super Blue fluid.

Wheels and Tires
Al Reed polished 15x6 Fuch reproductions running Federal 205/55 V rated tires with 1 a/x, 1 d/e, and about 1200 road miles on them.

Body
Rust – Almost all of the rust issues were taken care of prior to my purchase of the car. From what I can tell, any hell hole rust was repaired and a new right side engine shelf was installed. Any remaining rust issues were taken care of when I had the bodywork done. There are currently zero rust issues with the car. The floors, rear bulk head, and longs are nice and solid. The right rear donut area was repaired but no donut was re-installed.
Paint and Bodywork – The car had all of the bodywork done last year by a fellow 914 enthusiast who did a very nice job. The paint work was done by a friend of mine who just happens to be the DuPont automotive rep for California. Car was sprayed with Slate Grey DuPont paint and clear coated. The top, sail panels, roll bar, rocker panels, and rear valance were color matched to the car. Other than a few small chips in the front spoiler there are no dents, scratches, or chips in the paint. All rubber seals have been replaced and a new windshield installed.

Interior
The interior is pretty much stock. The upper and lower dashes have been reupholstered and the ash tray deleted. The seats have been upholstered in some type of Herring bone cloth fabric and could probably use a recovering. The carpet is almost new. Momo Pilota II steering wheel, Momo shift knob, Pioneer in-dash cd unit w/Infinity 6 ½ speakers in Morphenspectra speaker pods. new headliner, and 7 lb. extinguisher.

Remaining issues
The only things I can think of that may need attention (I say “may” because I personally don’t feel a need to deal with them) are – The motor does leak a little. I know there is oil weeping from the left lower valve cover and at the hose clamp to the oil tank. I don’t know if it’s coming from anywhere else. The windshield wipers don’t work. I installed a new switch assembly but that didn’t fix it. I never take the car out in the rain so I never bothered to look any further. The back-up lights don’t work. Don’t know why. I can’t think of any other issues with the car.

Please feel free to ask any questions via PM, email, or phone at 1-661-979-2266.

$15000.00
elswick
Shes a beauty. Good luck with sale smilie_pokal.gif
jim_hoyland
Good luck with the sale Allen. Having followed all the ugrades, paint, engine, projects, I think this is a very good deal. Anyone looking for a six conversion should jump on this---

Jim
Allan
Sale pending... NOT!!!
Gint
Haven't we heard this before? laugh.gif Gettin outa teeners Allen?
Brando
What the funk?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Allan
Car is back on the market. Fundage issues. dry.gif

If ya want it ya gotta have the funds.

No deposits to "Hold" the car please. smile.gif
Joe Bob
Trade ya my Volvo V70 turbo wagon?
Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 31 2008, 08:36 AM) *

Trade ya my Volvo V70 turbo wagon?

Gonna have to pass on that one Z.

Additional pics coming this evening for those who have asked...
jim_hoyland
Allen,

Bring it down to the GAF and display it at the For Sale Corral--I think you will get good exposure and talk to some qualified buyers--plus have some fun
Allan
More pics. Interior, trunks, hell hole, etc.
Allan
asdf
Allan
lkjh
Leo Imperial
Is this the one with the plate that reads PKLSNFR?

Sorry Allan I had to ask, it's been a while and I am affraid if you sell I wont get another chance.
Allan
Car is sold.

Thanks to all... aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
Congrats...who got it?
Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 4 2008, 04:32 PM) *

Congrats...who got it?

Guy Named Jeff. Lives in Incline Village...
craig downs
You just got it done not to long ago. Why did you have to sell it?
carr914
Congrats to buyer & seller. Looks like a real nice car. Conversions make great drivers. And you don't have to worry like a real Six.

T.C.
Allan
She's gone. bye1.gif

What a wierd feeling. sad.gif
carr914
Yes, that is a weird feeling. Fortunately for me when I had that feeling last month I had another car coming to me.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.