Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adios ...the 914 has left the room
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
914-6 is gone and I'm in a Boxster now. Its been a fun 7 years from when I flew out to Georgia and drove a 38,000 original mile 914-4 back to California. Drove it for a few years then started slowly modify the car until 2 years ago when I converted it to a 6 race car. Had a blast screaming around local tracks!

Thanks to all who supported me during countless upgrades etc. I'll really miss giving Jake a hard time but I'm sure there are plenty who will fill my shoes as the "bad and nasty 6" guy. LOL! But I was heartend to see that Jake is now doing Boxster motors and is on Boxster sites! He must have anticpated my platform move!

Now I will just fade away into wine and cheese land where I feel much more comfortable. I already learned where the oil goes in the Boxster and what polish works the best.
fitsbain
In the words of a song,

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

So you can't leave. You must stay.

You will have another teener someday.
rebelmdot
You will be back before the wine decants. Congratulations, enjoy the boxter and see you soon! beer.gif
roadster fan
Hey Grant,

Good luck with the boxster. Did the 914 stay in NorCal? Oh, and Jake probably took on the boxster development so you two could continue to debate biggrin.gif

Jim
ConeDodger
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Aug 21 2008, 01:40 PM) *

Hey Grant,

Good luck with the boxster. Did the 914 stay in NorCal? Oh, and Jake probably took on the boxster development so you two could continue to debate biggrin.gif

Jim

I know where it is...
Rusty
Bye. smile.gif
PanelBilly
In the wise words of Granny, "Y'all come back and visit".

I think you'll be back. I've done the cars with handling and airconditioning. They're nice to drive around, but its not the same as a classic sports car.
HeloMech
lol, you ever see that episode of 2 & 1/2 men where the one brother get's a boxster? The older brother says it's cute... then through the whole episode, everyone is telling the younger guy how great the boxster is... my daughter drives one, my sister drives one, your AUNT drives one... they're CUTE...

lol....
grantsfo
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Aug 21 2008, 02:40 PM) *

Hey Grant,

Jim

Yes it is in Nor Cal and will be showing up to local events with a long time 914 fan! I made sure to keep it in the 914 family.

This is my second Boxster. I have owned 3 914's since the 70's. So its only a matter of time before another 914 finds its way to my stable. ..and this Boxster might be a little more intersting than most - I already have plans to upgrade the suspension with lots of GT3 parts and it will be getting a big engine for Xmas.
EdwardBlume
Arrrggghhh!!!!

Ya mateys be talking 'bout me ship!

Arrggghh!!!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Aug 21 2008, 04:25 PM) *

Arrrggghhh!!!!

Ya mateys be talking 'bout me ship!

Arrggghh!!!!

Told ya I knew where it was! Congratulations to Rob Ways on getting his Pirate Patch! There is going to be some shots across the bow of many an autocross car when Rob gets his sea legs!!!
Joe Bob
So...are you now a hairdresser?
sww914
I just said to Markb yesterday, a Boxster is like a church lady wife- smooth, dependable, and predictable. A 914 is like a teenaged tattooed girlfriend- you don't know what it'll do, maybe anything, but it's likely to be fun.
You'll be back after church lady bores you to death.
SGB
You know you can't even SEE the motor in a Boxter...
McMark
CONGRATULATIONS ROB! I know you've been shopping. clap23.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 21 2008, 11:32 PM) *

He is trying to keep up with Barbie.....

Are you going to change your name to "Ken" and have your genitalia removed?

poke.gif

byndbad914
I heard that Boxster owners have to learn to "manscape" laugh.gif Grant will have to let the rest of us men know what that means hahahaha.

Good luck man! Remember, the faster you go the less predictable a car can be, hence why the Boxster is so predictable happy11.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 21 2008, 09:32 PM) *

Not yet I had to get the car first before I start beauty school. I do have the color scheme all worked out however.

IPB Image

Chris Pincetich
Sooo glad to hear this 914 is staying local. Grant - you have been super fun to be around as a fellow 914 addict and I always laugh when I read your posts because you have one of the best "internet personalities" and most folks have never experienced the true you. I think the smokin deal Rob got says a lot about yer character. beerchug.gif

I still think you could have kept the 914, sold the truck, and towed with the turbo Mazda6 !!! That would be fun to see on HWY 9. If you do paint the Boxter like a 914 LE make sure to come back and share the photos.
Racer
Enjoy the Boxster! I had a MY 2000 non-s for a year. Amazing car. Thought I would never sell it. Thought I found the modern 914. AX and DE'd it. Incredible platform out of the box with only some R comps thrown on. Just not a "real" Porsche wink.gif So it was sold and another 914 acquired smile.gif
carreraguy
Jeez Grant! I was sorta hoping you'd go for the Subie conversion since you liked mine so much! biggrin.gif
Well, have fun with the Boxter! Now you can call Brad Roberts for upgrade ideas!
Later,
grantsfo
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Aug 22 2008, 04:37 PM) *

Jeez Grant! I was sorta hoping you'd go for the Subie conversion since you liked mine so much! biggrin.gif
Well, have fun with the Boxter! Now you can call Brad Roberts for upgrade ideas!
Later,

Suspension and tires ordered. Ordered headers and have sport exhaust. Just need race seats and harnesses.

I'm planning to do a Bumble Bee theme on the car as it is black.

IPB Image
Borderline
I think you should start off going "Spec Boxster", so you could AX, track and W2W with Bill P. Maybe still drive it on the street. That would be very versatile!!

OBTW. I have a fair amount of Saturn Yellow around here somewhere biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
carreraguy

I'm planning to do a Bumble Bee theme on the car as it is black.

Wow! I like that look! How about some color-matching yellow wheels?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.