Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flasher Wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Currently my seat belt warning light works as expected, it just doesn't flash when its on. It appears to have been rewired to just get it working.

I would like to know how to add it to the flasher circuit.
Cap'n Krusty
It's not supposed to flash. The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 21 2008, 08:14 PM) *

It's not supposed to flash. The Cap'n

Suppose i wanted it to flash; how would I rewire ?
hockeymutt
relay....

you would have you would run the positive and ned wires to the relay and then run to new wires to the light bulb it shouldn't be that hard.

but you could goto napa and pick up a flasher relay and solder all the wires to it. of course useing a multimeter to figure out which ones are power source(to control the relay) and then which one is activated once power is applied i cn draw it up for once i get more time. about to head out to the college to meet up with some new college girls.....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(hockeymutt @ Aug 21 2008, 08:58 PM) *

relay....

you would have you would run the positive and ned wires to the relay and then run to new wires to the light bulb it shouldn't be that hard.

but you could goto napa and pick up a flasher relay and solder all the wires to it. of course useing a multimeter to figure out which ones are power source(to control the relay) and then which one is activated once power is applied i cn draw it up for once i get more time. about to head out to the college to meet up with some new college girls.....

Sketch will work for me. I want to use the existing flasher on the fuse panel if possible.

Thanks
ejm
It may be easier to replace the bulb with a flashing LED.
jk76.914
Bulb gets grounded through switches on seatbelt latches and butt-sensors in the seats.

Splice the other wire from the bulb into the white/green/black wire that goes from the flasher relay to the hand brake indicator in the dash.

And you're done. Mine is wired this way. I think the flashing seatbelt light is a nice touch.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the wire diagram. I take it that white/green/black is always hot ?
jk76.914
It's always hot until a load is passing through it, and then it flashes. I did a writeup a couple of years ago on how that flasher relay works. It's kind of interesting, I suppose. My writeup starts about 5 or 6 posts into the thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=47236&hl=
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Aug 22 2008, 04:12 PM) *

It's always hot until a load is passing through it, and then it flashes. I did a writeup a couple of years ago on how that flasher relay works. It's kind of interesting, I suppose. My writeup starts about 5 or 6 posts into the thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=47236&hl=

That is a great write up. I had followed it to convert my turn signal indicators when you wrote the thread.
jk76.914
Oh thanks! The neat thing about it is when more than one thing flashes- directional, hazard, brake warning light, fasten seat belt light- they all flash in unison, and there's only one click.

Good luck, but this is an easy project!
Jim
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Aug 22 2008, 05:34 PM) *

Oh thanks! The neat thing about it is when more than one thing flashes- directional, hazard, brake warning light, fasten seat belt light- they all flash in unison, and there's only one click.

Good luck, but this is an easy project!
Jim

Just completed the mod and it's still light out ! biggrin.gif Very easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.