Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 to 914/6 "Quick Six" mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2456677544
has anyone used this..not that I am doing this swap...just curious if this is a piece of shit or not?
Jared

might be usefull to someone else..
Qarl
It is NOT recommended.

Get the one that welds to the bulkhead.

The quick six uses the factory (4-cylinder) mounts, which can weaken or tear, as the 911 motor is significantly heavier than the 914 motor.

Look at what the factory did and then realize that they had their thinking caps on!
Joe Bob
They suck...bulkhead is the only way to go.....
Eric Taylor
Yeah that's crap. Weren't they know to colapse(sp) or something horriable?
Dave_Darling
Collapse? No, that's the pretty Patrick bar. This one is beefy. As in, 50 lbs of iron beefy!

If you have heat exchangers or a side-shift transmission you will be using on your Six, you will have to cut the mount bar or the linkage/exchanger.

Bulkhead mount--mo' $$, but mo' bettah.

--DD
larryp
It sold. Wonder who bought it.
(By the way, Dave, I had heat exchangers on my car with that mount with no cutting req'd.)
Eric_Shea
There was a weight transfer issue as well. Bulkhead mount places the weight of the engine further forward no?
larryp
Weight transfer? No, either none, or insignificant. But there is a bunch less gound clearance.
Steve
I ran the MSDS quick six bar with a 2.7 for over 10 years with no problems.
BTW the MSDS bar would not work with the stock heat exchangers.
But it worked fine with headers.
Back in 86 the only choice was MSDS or stock six mount.
I was told the PMS bar would work with factory heat exchanger. It didn't and it also sat much lower and scraped on speed bumps. I quickly sold it and switched to the Richard Johnson center mount so I could use my heat exchangers.
I also cut off the 4 banger mounts to give me more room to adjust the valves.
BTW who makes that bar on ebay??
I have never seen one like that before.
Just curious....

Steve
Eric Taylor
Yeah, dave I was thinking the patrick bar. What's that made out of?
Eric
FlatSix
I'm using one of these bars.

There is a reduced ground clearance issue, but as Dave say's it's beefy (& heavy). Doen't look like it will fail.

I have standard heat exchangers (on a 2.0 litre) and a side shifter so I did have to modify the linkage bar, but not the heat exchangers.

I got mine from AA... They did supply it on time without any fuss, this was in the mid 90's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.