Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring for remote side mirror?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Owensby
Just curious if anyone can share a photo or details of how they routed the wiring from a passenger side mirror through the door hinge area from the door into tha car? Thanks, JoeO
retrofit
Joe
Check out the latest issue of Hot VW's-the article on stereo install. There is a detailed explanation of using/installing the wire looms that recess into the door jambs. Very clean. See billet wire looms at electric-life.com. Also drop by your local car audio install shop.
Allen
Joe Owensby
Thanks for the info. Will do. JoeO
retrofit
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 22 2008, 05:44 PM) *

Thanks for the info. Will do. JoeO

Joe
What mirrors are you using? Post a pic when you have everything mounted up, including how you did the wires thru the jambs. Curious how it will work out...
Allen
Joe Owensby
I haven't bought any yet, but I am leaning very heavily toward the Oldsmobile 88 mirrors that Dave had posted about. They look pretty good. I think I have found some new ones on ebay for about $40 each. I may look at a salvage yard to see what I can find. I also like the miata ones that some 914world folks have used.

When I get it done, I will add photos.

JoeO
Joe Owensby
I think I had the name wrong. Here is the link to his nice looking mirrors.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=mirrors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.