Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accelerator Cable problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
golfcas
Hello. I have a 1975 914 2.0 which the FI systen was taken out at some time and replaced with 2 weber carbs. Well, the accelerator cable broke and the standard 914 replacement will not work as it is not a fi system. Is there a way to have explained or a picture of how someone else has converted their car to dual carbs and shows what the bracket looks like, the type of cable used and any other information which would help me?

Thank you very much.
SirAndy
QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 11:49 AM) *

Is there a way to have explained or a picture of how someone else has converted their car to dual carbs and shows what the bracket looks like, the type of cable used and any other information which would help me?

When i had my 2056, i used the stock (FI) cable with a custom bracket.
bye1.gif Andy

golfcas
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2008, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 11:49 AM) *

Is there a way to have explained or a picture of how someone else has converted their car to dual carbs and shows what the bracket looks like, the type of cable used and any other information which would help me?

When i had my 2056, i used the stock (FI) cable with a custom bracket.
bye1.gif Andy

Thank you very much. I will follow this advise and I really appreciate your help.
SirAndy
QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 12:44 PM) *

Thank you very much. I will follow this advise and I really appreciate your help.

Btw. it's hard to see in the pic, but the bracket is a triangle with the other leg mounted to the bolt near the base of the oil filler opening.
shades.gif Andy
golfcas
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2008, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 12:44 PM) *

Btw. it's hard to see in the pic, but the bracket is a triangle with the other leg mounted to the bolt near the base of the oil filler opening.
shades.gif Andy

Did you buy the cable from Pelican? The reason I ask this is because I ordered a standard 914 cable and it should have been for a FI, I believe, since that the the original configuration. Also, it doesn't look like the one you have in your picture. Would you mind helping again with you knowledge?

Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Did you buy the cable from Pelican? The reason I ask this is because I ordered a standard 914 cable and it should have been for a FI, I believe, since that the the original configuration. Also, it doesn't look like the one you have in your picture. Would you mind helping again with you knowledge?

Nope, that's the stock cable that was in my car before i put the 2056 in.

The car had a 1.7L with stock DJet FI ...
driving.gif Andy
golfcas
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 22 2008, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(golfcas @ Aug 22 2008, 01:45 PM) *

Nope, that's the stock cable that was in my car before i put the 2056 in.

The car had a 1.7L with stock DJet FI ...
driving.gif Andy

Thanks again, Andy. I think I have enough to go now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.