Full Version: Interesting Lettering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
IPB Image
seanery
here's an interesting center console
IPB Image
Bruce Allert
I like both... very nice. I made my center consol & put speakers in it. Was wondering how I could make room for gauges. Now I know!
bruce
boxstr
I sold a car a few years ago with that same center console. Molded plastic, aftermarket and it also had a cushion to rest your elbow on. Plus a couple of switches for ??
CCLinLOO
JeffBowlsby
Its an Amco center console like the ad:
vortrex
that center pad "third seat" sure is high up.
Dave_Darling
Cause it's an armrest...

The lettering on the rear of the original pic appears to be engine-grille letters that have been repositioned quite a bit. And painted, I think. Plus the stock "2.0" and "914", moved over to the side.

The latter bits appear to be (at least partly) inspired by the European 2.0 badging. They had the "PORSCHE-VW" logo, then "914" above "2.0", I think.

--DD
Bruce Allert
I'll be going to the U-Pull-It to look for an arm rest /consol to fit in the teener as soon as it quits raining! Need one with a cup holder or 2. beerchug.gif
bruce
mskala
Nice old stuff from Amco, but I want neon-light
windshield washer nozzles and a 2 foot high
rear wing tongue.gif IPB Image
Mark S.
'70 914-6
Targa
Don't forget the must have light-up neon chrome exhaust tip! icon8.gif
djm914-6
Hey Mark!
While I'm at your house for the 914 tech session (PLUG!) I'll bring my guns so I can paint a Fast and Furious logo on the side of your cars. That 924 really could use a good drop and some bling bling wheels. Actually, you could do as the Lowellites and just yank out the springs and t-bars for a phat look. laugh.gif
rick 918-S
I had one of those AMCO consules once.
Dave Cawdrey
I thought of the idea of using the grill letters there... first bs.gif Look on PP. A couple months ago.

Gonna use em on my rockers instead. Anyone ever see this? Copywrite 03... laugh.gif Filling the jack post hole, too. smash.gif
mr914
If there is enough of us that want one....

I can make a mold and themoform it....

flag.gif
mskala
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Mar 25 2003, 08:21 PM)
I'll bring my guns so I can paint a Fast and Furious logo on the side of your cars. That 924 really could use a good drop and some bling bling wheels.

You got any purple metallic dune buggy paint? That
would match well with gold-painted rims on the 924 biggrin.gif
Actually the finish on that car is so rough, you would
probably double the value.
Mark S.
'70 914-6
djm914-6
As a mater of fact Mark, I just got my order for several colors of metalflake. We could go with a nice Japanese symbol on the hood in a chameleon color to contrast the purple flake. I may even be able to import some zebra print fabric or '70s green fuzz for the seats, dash, etc.

More on topic... has anyone seen targa lettering on the sails or some Porsche lettering for the glove box lid?
Jeroen
Hey now... that's a dutch 914!
And I actually know the owner biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
fuch toy
Yo, Ja-roon, did the guy down is SD ever get photo credit for yer avatar?????

Says Mikey who has stolen a few in hi finger.gif s day.....
Jeroen
Hey Zois,

I believe several people tried to trace him, but couldn't find him... does that mean we can use it? happy11.gif

Oh, and you'll have to come up with something new for your flip-flop-and-bunny-ears-act once you see Brads new footware at the next event biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
fuch toy
I guess, gray hair, beer gut, bunny ears and a bad attitude don't cut it anymore?????

Hmmmmm, gonna have to break out the race trailer, a/c, generator with beer keg and Margarita machine at the next round up mueba.gif ....
Jeroen
OTOH, I don't think Brad has the guts to wear them in public biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
fuch toy
When you are away from home....nothing counts.... mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Next event I'll wear them. No shame to my game. I just have to wear a few pairs of socks with them. Swap Meet..I'll have them on.

B
Jeroen
Don't forget to take pictures biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
What color do you want my hair ??

B
Jeroen
Did you get that haircut yet biggrin.gif
smash.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I dropped you off and went straight the hair cut place I used to visit in Mountain View.

B
ThinAir
So is AMCO still around or does anyone know a source for that armrest?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.