Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7ltr FI wont idle when when engine warms up...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hutcho
Hey Guy,
Hoping someone could point me in the right direction....
Car as been running great up until about 2 weeks ago. Would idle and run OK but under load ie up a hill and foot to the floor, the car would hesitate and generally lack all power.
So, I changed the petrol filter (thinking the car may be lacking fuel), leads (Magnacore) and plugs. The plugs I put in, are Iridium (temp 6) plugs Ive had lying around to use in my EJ20 Turbo motor (Subaru).
Now, I can start the car up in the morning and I idles great. I can drive it after that and it drives strong and powerful (as powerful as a FI 1.7ltr motor can be ;-) ) but it comes to a point after about 15 minutes of driving that the motor stutters a bit then goes fine again but wont idle??? As long as the car is driving, it goes great but it just wont idle.....
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steve
swl
have you checked the CHT sensor? It has control over the mix as the car warms up. Also by the posts here it seems to be prone to failure. You can check it with an ohm meter at cold and then at hot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.