Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion finally completed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mack914-6
I could write a book with all the info that could be entered here. What I will do is add some pictures and you can ask ?
I imported my car from Huntington Beach, Ca. 6 years ago. It started out as a 1973 1.7 liter. Only body work was to weld up the battery tray that was loose. Add the carbon fiber lids. Added a 1983 SC front end. Five lug Fuch wheels were already on the car when purchased. Carbon fiber panels on the dash. Cardon fiber pattern vinyl on the seat inserts and on the door panels.
I added a Dr. Evil inspired BMW rear view mirror. (Which I did myself) Also Dr. Evil vinyl covered upper GT dash and lower dash pad. (From his Tijuana days)
GT grill.
Conversion was done with a 2.2T engine and a side shift trans.
Now I could go on and on, but here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed putting this car together.
Mack driving.gif biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
mack914-6
couple more... drooley.gif
jimkelly
biggrin.gif
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Nicely done....now, get out and DRIVE IT! MDB2.gif

How bout some pics of the engine?
roadster fan
Congratulations smilie_pokal.gif

Please post more pics, and then go drive!

Jim
Gary
Sweet! Nicely done. smilie_pokal.gif
GeorgeRud
The only problem is that I find the cars are never really "done". I've been tinkering with mine for many years now, and can always come up with something else that I can modify/improve. That's the fun of the conversions!
mack914-6
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 23 2008, 06:28 PM) *

The only problem is that I find the cars are never really "done". I've been tinkering with mine for many years now, and can always come up with something else that I can modify/improve. That's the fun of the conversions!

There is no doubt about that, there is always something to adjust, some new product or addition to improve our cars. It's always fun.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mack:

, Looks great and it's the right color!!!!!

Dave slap.gif
mack914-6
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Aug 23 2008, 07:04 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Mack:

, Looks great and it's the right color!!!!!

Dave slap.gif

Thanks-Dave, I think so too!!

Mack

effutuo101
sweet ride! Have fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.