Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So i'm gona replace it all!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
My car has been running rich for way to long. I've replaced the MPS, csv, the usuall suspects, and it is still running insanly rich. So I'm down to pretty much either leaky injector's or the triger contact's, so i'm going to do them both! My question is where is the best place to get a good set of used or refurbed 1.7 injectior's? Does anyone have a good set? I can get the contacts from pelican ( is that the best place?)
Thanks,
Eric
nebreitling
google the part # of the trigger points. you can get them for as low as $105

try the same w/ the injectors?

mine all of a sudden went crazy ass rich on me too. replaced my FIpoints and it is MUCH better...
Eric Taylor
bump,
Anyone got a good set of injectors? smile.gif
Eric
nebreitling
have you tried cleaning yours yet? cheaper than new ones. if you're very careful, you can pull the injectors out of the heads, stick them in little bottles, and see how they perform. make sure your engine isn't getting spark while you do this.

fuel pressure is all kosher?

i'm just poor, full of cheapskate solutions....
Eric Taylor
Yeah, I've been through most of the easy solutions, except fuel pressure, can't quite get it to run long enough to back it down. But the car is really running rich, so I don't see the pressure affecting it that much, I think trigers are probably my safest bet. I should try it first. But if any one has a good set of 1.7's i'm intrested. I'm really tired of this crap. I't just sitting in the garage, and if it goes out I make it(if i'm lucky) down the street and back. So i'm replacing most everything I can think of.
Eric
garyh
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Feb 2 2004, 07:17 PM)
But the car is really running rich, so I don't see the pressure affecting it that much,

Fuel pressure can (and does) make it run rich. If it's too high. (Bad regulator, crimped return line.)

The shade-tree method of controlling the mixture is to adjust the fuel pressure.
nebreitling
agree.gif

check your FI relays too, an intermittently (sp?) working one can cause near-full-rich conditions. sketchy cht connection means full-rich i think, too. 'course, you've probably done that...

get this boy some injectors!!
Rich Bontempi
What do your spark plugs tell you? All cylinders or just one rich? If all, possible problems are fuel pressure, trigger points,head sensor, pressure sensor,harness, computer etc. Very rare that 4 injectors would go bad at once. Never buy rebuilt injectors. My 2 cents
Bleyseng
I'd say bad CHT or wrong CHT to start with. $20 part and easy to change.

Geoff
Eric Taylor
I've recently replaced the CHT, MPS and wireing harness. Recently I cleaned the plug's and put them, ran the car for about 10 min, it died, and run's like crap when you turn it back over. I pulled the plugs all were soot black with a liquid on them which I believe is gas. The intresting thing is that the number 4 plug was nearly clean of soot, but still had liquid on it. So I'm getting a VERY rich condition, and I know I have a crappy injection system, but i'm not gona switch to carbs, I'm gona nail this SOB.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.