Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: howdy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RocknRollFrenzy
hey folks.....been lurking around for a bit.......wanted to get my baby ('74 2.0) back on her feet for some pictures for my first post but thats been delayed for a bit. got a quick question for you too. just finished up some rear suspension work and went to fire up the engine for a test drive this weekend, and discover that my perfect running engine now shoots gas out the back end of the car when i crank it over. fuel lines seem to be ok, and i can't really see where its coming from other than its the left side. any common problems i should be checking for with something like this? i've still got the stock fuel injection by the way. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. i'll try and post a little more info when i've had time to dig into it a little more.........

-Jon
redshift
Cold start valve failed? First thing to check.. how much is coming out?

M
RocknRollFrenzy
Whoa......that was quick.......a pretty good amount......nice sized puddle in about 10 seconds or so.
redshift
Do a search on this board for 'all dates' for 'CSV' and/or 'Cold Start Valve'.

You can disconnect it, and try again.

M
nebreitling
when you say "back end of the car", do you mean the exhaust? if so, put your hand out to catch the liquid coming out of the pipe after you first start it. smell hand. are you sure it's not just water? mine does this if it's sat for a while -- especially during this time of the year in norcal (trés humid)...

if it looks/sounds like everything is running okay, try letting your car warm up fully so that it can clear the water out of the pipes. and, of course, make sure that your fuel lines are above reproach...
RocknRollFrenzy
definitely not coming from the exhaust.......its coming from the top side of the engine somewhere and dripping down.......and its definitely gas. i'll check the cold start valve first chance i get tomorrow. thanks for the help so far. please chime in with any other advice. you guys are awesome.
nebreitling
oh, fuck. don't start the car!

just take an hour or two and replace every bit of rubber fuel line in the engine bay. also check the o-rings under the injectors.
mightyohm
The lines to the fuel injectors crack and spew fuel. Check all of those out. Keep a fire extinguisher handy. Be very careful.
RocknRollFrenzy
yeah....i didn't start it.....and haven't tried to since......looks like i've got some more work to do. thanks again for the help.
redshift
Just make sure there isn't a puddle, and a spark close by.

Have fire equipment, forever, and always. wink.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.