Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autoweek - Volkwagen considers a new coupe AND
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
"In another development, VW majority shareholder Porsche is said to have shown interest in the new project, opening the way for a possible resurrection of the 914."

seanery
looks good except for the rear tail lights...I like the idea though.
carreraguy
Kinda reminds me of a Toyota MR-2
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Demick
Those pictures are of a several-year-old concept. Says they will be introducing a new concept at the LA auto show in Nov.
dw914er
please, don't tease me VW

Btw, some guy wrote "They could call it a Kharman-Ghia, Porsche could co-opt it and we'd have history repeating itself."

The 914 body was built by Karman, but we were not off the Karman Ghia. Ahh well, I like the concept idea, just needs some more power. maybe a 0-60 in 5 seconds, for well under a boxster in price range. That would be sweet.
melnyk
QUOTE(dw914er @ Aug 24 2008, 06:29 AM) *

Btw, some guy wrote "They could call it a Kharman-Ghia, Porsche could co-opt it and we'd have history repeating itself."

The 914 body was built by Karman, but we were not off the Karman Ghia. Ahh well, I like the concept idea, just needs some more power. maybe a 0-60 in 5 seconds, for well under a boxster in price range. That would be sweet.

we could wish but i dont porsche or vw would let that happen. the boxster could totally outperform the 911, but porsche will never do it.
zymurgist

I like the concept idea, just needs some more power. maybe a 0-60 in 5 seconds, for well under a boxster in price range. That would be sweet.

It makes me wonder why Toyota didn't do exactly that with the MR-2 Spyder. Lotus took a Toyota 4-cylinder engine, put it in an ultralight chassis, and built sports cars. Toyota apparently wasn't all that interested in that market.
Katmanken
Toyoya killed the MR2 with their last version of the car- the ugliest mid engine car I have ever seen.

Proportions were pathetic.

Ken
914rhatt
Build it, Build it, Build it..... piratenanner.gif Looks good....No Rust.... pray.gif
scotty
VW & Porsche won't build anything that will outperform any Porsche "stock"

I'd like to see Subaru do a mid or rear engine AWD "914" ...as ling as it isn't styled by the guys who did the Tribeca.

...I like flat engines
zymurgist
QUOTE(kwales @ Aug 24 2008, 11:37 AM) *

Toyoya killed the MR2 with their last version of the car- the ugliest mid engine car I have ever seen.

Proportions were pathetic.

Ken

Wasn't the MR-2 Spyder the lightest of the series, though?

I didn't think it looked bad from the front. The rear end needed some cosmetic work, though. To me it looked like they ran out of budget and just slapped the rear end together at the last minute.
VaccaRabite
I thought the MR2 Spyder looked fantastic. I'm just not sure there is a very market for non-luxury 2 seat sports cars any more.

These days the Miata is battling with the Boxster and BMW Z3/Z4.

Zach
DBCooper
Wanna know how to REALLY piss off a Z3/Z4 owner? "Really nice car. Kind of a luxury Miata, isn't it?"
7TPorsh
Rear looks like an 80's capri...yeech!
jsayre914
biggrin.gif I think they need our help
zymurgist
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 25 2008, 07:56 PM) *

biggrin.gif I think they need our help

Dude, you put a roof on it! Step away from the Photoshop software.
dw914er
QUOTE(melnyk @ Aug 24 2008, 05:14 AM) *

we could wish but i dont porsche or vw would let that happen. the boxster could totally outperform the 911, but porsche will never do it.

but why not!!! damn companies. Everyone would want one. Some fast porsche for little money. I can only dream!!! If they did it, they would have to call it the 914 though, just in spite of our unique history.
7TPorsh
Click to view attachment

Hahaha!
BKLA
There have been better mid engine concepts presented. Not one of their better designs, IMHO.

smdubovsky
Here is the pic that was in the printed version (credit: pic stolen from someone else)

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.