Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECC 2008 Caravans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick L
I'm travelling down the day of and camping on-site. I'll probably catch-up with Matt & Company at his house.

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Rick L @ Aug 24 2008, 01:18 PM) *

I'm travelling down the day of and camping on-site. I'll probably catch-up with Matt & Company at his house.

So is Plasket's going to be the unofficial kick off point? I know that I am going to be driving right by there if I take the truck. If I take the Suby, I'll probably go via 66 to 29. All depends on what I get done this week.

Zach
jimkelly
here is my route - i plan to meet up with the nova contingency (root, type47, etc) and then with the group that is gathering at Rt66 and Rt15.

prior to the above - atomix8 will be riding shotgun with me - so this means an annapolis stop along the way.

i hope to link up with degreeoff in bowie after this - then off to nova area.
type47
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 24 2008, 11:58 AM) *

I know that I am going to be driving right by there if I take the truck. If I take the Suby, I'll probably go via 66 to 29.

you can take the Suby by matt's and take 15 from frederick to leesburg then continue down on 15 to 66 where you could meet the other NOVA teeners smile.gif
plas76targa
I can be an un-official starting point. It's about 3 hours to Slackin's from my house, add time for the rhondevous and it'll be???.

Everyone from point N, E and W are welcome.

We'll go 15 S to Leesburg bypass. Meet the DC crowd at either Leesburg or about 25 miles south at Haymarket.

other points where we could catch more folks might be Warrenton, or Culpeper.
After that it's a straight shot down Rt29.

Next question is when to depart my place? What's the start time at Slackin's???
JmuRiz
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 24 2008, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 24 2008, 11:58 AM) *

I know that I am going to be driving right by there if I take the truck. If I take the Suby, I'll probably go via 66 to 29.

you can take the Suby by matt's and take 15 from frederick to leesburg then continue down on 15 to 66 where you could meet the other NOVA teeners smile.gif

Agreed, taking the 15 -> 66 route is good for anyone close to Leeseburg, VA or Frederick, MD. I'll be driving from Arlington, VA the usual 66 -> 29 route. I know the route like the back of my hand till C'ville.

Let me know when people are driving, I'll be staying with a friend near Airport, but our scheduled leave times might be around the same time.

Nathan
atomix8
Thanks again Jim for taking me as extra cargo...my suspension console chose a great time to start rusting off in large pieces ;-). There's a snowball's chance mine will be done by my shop, but we'll see!

As for start time, I seem to recall 90% of the cars were there by 1pm last year? But again, I'm just cargo!

See you guys there or in the caravan.
--dave
jimkelly
i will be leaving as early as it takes to meet up with the nova contingent.

jim
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif

Executive decision time.. Zach, Dr Evil and anyone else wishing to start with us...let's plan on leaving Frederick MD at 11:00 am.. meet at my place before that, and we'll sorty at the Beckley's motel, liquor store - that little place right at milepost 17 on rt15 before 11:00 .. departure at 11:00.

aim to meet Leesburg folks at 11:45 - Root, pick a place to meet.

we'll leave there near Noon, and stop at Haymarket - somebody pick a spot.

leave haymarket at 12:30 ??? then onto Charlottesville.

any further suggestions???
VaccaRabite
Ba-dum bump.
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 1 2008, 07:49 AM) *

leave haymarket at 12:30 ??? then onto Charlottesville.

any further suggestions???

Haymarket to C'ville is 2 hrs with the caravan, so arrive there time is ~ 2:30. any chance of an earlier meet/depart from Haymarket time? How about a word from the host, what time is a convenient arrive time for the host?
type47
icon_bump.gif
plas76targa
icon_bump.gif We're under 10 days til ECC08!

2nd executive decision, Jim suggests getting to Haymarket earlier than 12:30 pm - Anyone wishing to caravan from the north and central pa, I'll start us off in Frederick, MD at 10:00, not 11 as previously mentioned.. So who's with me? (Belushi, Animal House 1976) starting point Beckley's store, Rte 15 So and Willow Rd - Frederick MD

next thought, skip the stop in Leesburg, unless some one wants us to, and meet in Haymarket. Some body tell us where!

waddya all say?
zymurgist
If I board my dog, I won't be able to drop her off until 9:00 or so on Saturday morning because the kennel isn't available on Friday. That would be in Mount Airy. I can boogie back to Frederick, but the logistics are mind boggling, because I have to meet Babydoll and drive her car. (And I would prefer to leave the Toyota at her house.)

So my driving plans are completely SNAFUd at the moment.
type47
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Sep 18 2008, 04:41 AM) *

icon_bump.gif We're under 10 days til ECC08!

skip the stop in Leesburg, unless some one wants us to, and meet in Haymarket. Some body tell us where!

I think it would be convenient for most drivers to meet at the intersection of Rt 29 and Rt 15. I don't have a specific store or anything for that intersection other than picking a visible parking/gathering spot so others who arrive later will not have much trouble spotting the gang. There is always the cell phone to help gather the herd. I think the intersection is convenient for drivers from Frederick because they can take 15 from Frederick and continue thru Leesburg and not do a bunch of driving around in unfamiliar territory. It's also convenient for drivers from closer to DC because we can just drive down Rt 66 then get off on Rt 29 at Gainesville. The intersection is being built up and there is probably a Sheets or other Quicky-Mart with enough parking.

We can have a cell phone number for stragglers (maybe not the "best" id but...) or people who can't meet the caravan but are using the same Rt 29 route, to catch up or call if they have mechanical problems.
plas76targa
Jim, Intersection of Rt 15 and Rt29 sounds fine to me. I'll check mapquest, google earth what ever to find a good spot.
Eric_Shea
Hey... staying out by BWI. When's the party? biggrin.gif
plas76targa
next weekend in Sept, 9/27

you here now or arriving soone, and how long are you staying?

sending you a pm
type47
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 18 2008, 09:31 PM) *

next saturday the 27th! need a lift? (it could be arranged!)
crash914
bwi is not too far from my house..about 20 minutes... Need a place to crash? free??

we have an extra room....let me know...
scotty b
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 18 2008, 09:31 PM) *

You gonna be there now Eric ?? Should I bring my stash of calipers?? You probably don't wanna pay shipping on these it's more than 2 sets.........
zymurgist
Soooo, do we have any times for when the NoVa (or Frederick) contingents are supposed to be arriving at I-66 and US 29 in Gainesville?

I have to leave Mt. Airy, Md. at 9:00, boogie down to Babydoll's house in Virginia, transfer my stuff from my car to Babydoll, and then we can hit the road. We can meet with a caravan at Gainesville, but it is unlikely that we can get there before 11:30.

We'd really like to be with a caravan, since it's always better to have a support group when you're driving a 30 year old car. Plus, we'll be bringing the brews, so I know y'all will want to help a brother out. beerchug.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 19 2008, 01:31 AM) *

Eric, I'm about 5 mins from the airport. You're welcome to ride with me.
True to form, my 914 is on jackstands, so I'll be in a comfortable ride.

Give me a call if you'd like. Cell number is on the pm.
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 21 2008, 11:37 AM) *

So, do we have any times for when the NoVa (or Frederick) contingents are supposed to be arriving at I-66 and US 29 in Gainesville?

i suggest leave Rt 29 and Rt 15 intersection NLT 11:00. Matt's caravan should be able to get there from Frederick in about an hour if they leave his place at 10. Ken, if there are any delays, you and Babydoll will be close behind the caravan.
jimkelly
is there a parking lot at any corner of rt 29 and rt 15 ??

i am about 3 hrs from there - 3.5hrs with an atomix8 pit stop in between : )

jim

type47
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 21 2008, 04:27 PM) *

is there a parking lot at any corner of rt 29 and rt 15 ??

the intersection is being built up so there is probably a Sheetz or a Quickie-Mart, something with a parking lot where 8 914's could park and wait and be easily seen. plas76targa was going to mapquest a store.
plas76targa
I tried Mapquest and Google earth and didn't "see" anything at that intersection. There's a Subway and McDonald's at Haymarket - they're on the wrong side of the road for us. I'll check again. Anybody know that area enough to suggest a place to meet?
Eric_Shea
You gonna be there now Eric ?? Should I bring my stash of calipers?? You probably don't wanna pay shipping on these it's more than 2 sets.........

Sorry for the confusion gang.

I was staying out by BWI Thursday night. I had an early flight back to SLC Friday.

I didn't realize I had a 2 hour layover in Denver and Gint was nice enough to come out and have breakfast with me. Then it was off to SLC and off to RRC.
plas76targa
BWI is 45 minutes away.. contact us sooner, next time you're here. Buy ya dinner again!
type47
i found out there is a Harris Teeter at the intersection of rt 15 and 29 that can be used as a meeting parking lot. i posted this info in the other thread.
MikeSpraggi
Are we still meeting at RT. 15 and Willow Rd. at 10 AM? Just checking to make sure we're all on the same page. Thanks
plas76targa
yeah Mike. 10 Am at Rt 15 and Willow road, Frederick. See my reply in main post

Anyone else planning on starting with us from Frederick? Evan?
root
NoVA 914's and those heading in on RT. 15.

The current meeting point is:

11AM Route 15 South ... just south of Rt. 66 at BLOOMS on the left!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=17
angerosa
Saturday caravan rendezvous points as they stand today:

10:00am
Beckley's Country Store
7611 Willow Rd # A
Frederick, MD 21702

11:00am
Bloom Grocery Store (see roots post above for map of this location)
15201 Washington St
Haymarket, VA 20169

Are there others?
angerosa
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 21 2008, 03:37 PM) *

Soooo, do we have any times for when the NoVa (or Frederick) contingents are supposed to be arriving at I-66 and US 29 in Gainesville?

I have to leave Mt. Airy, Md. at 9:00, boogie down to Babydoll's house in Virginia, transfer my stuff from my car to Babydoll, and then we can hit the road. We can meet with a caravan at Gainesville, but it is unlikely that we can get there before 11:30.

We'd really like to be with a caravan, since it's always better to have a support group when you're driving a 30 year old car. Plus, we'll be bringing the brews, so I know y'all will want to help a brother out. beerchug.gif

Leaving from Mt. Airy you should be able to make it to Babydoll's house in about an hour on Saturday morning. From Babydoll's house, you should be able to make it to the rendezvous point in Haymarket, Va in much less than an hour.

Try to leave Mt. Airy a little early and move stuff between cars quickly and you should have no problem meeting us by 11:00. You can PM me your cell number and I'll text you before we leave if you want...
jimkelly
11am bloom - got it - thanks - jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.