Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My mini major milestone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wes V
I just had to toot my horn due to feeling good about the car!

I bought the car on January 16, 2008 and the prior owner had cut out a major portion of the floor due to rust. He planned on doing the repair work himself, but changed his mind.

There has been a lot of stuff that I've had to do to it before getting to the point of welding in the floor (along with putting on steel flares).

But, now the floor is tack welded in and it's the first time that I've been able to sit in it!!!

Of course, I had to shoot the obligatory photo where I'm pretending to drive the thing.

IPB Image

I'm even working the imaginary shifter. (which doesn't make a lot of sense due to having no pedals)

Wes V
biosurfer1
smilie_pokal.gif
Congrats....Step 1: Check!
PanelBilly
I wish I was sitting in mine today. So, what's your next step? How are you planning on sealing the new metal up?
KELTY360
aktion035.gif Did you make vroom vroom sounds?

C'mon, admit it, you know you did. biggrin.gif

Good work!
Wes V
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 24 2008, 02:16 PM) *

aktion035.gif Did you make vroom vroom sounds?

You know it! The only bad thing was the sound when I missed the shift.

PanelBilly; If you are asking about the seams; I use 3M "Heavy Drip-Check Sealer". If you are talking about the metal surface, I use PPG "DP" epoxy sealer. (prior to putting stuff together, I use 3M Weld-through primer).

Here is a fairly recent photo of the whole car.

IPB Image

And here is one showing it about half way along (to where I am now).

IPB Image

Wes V
markb
piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
greenie
Great job Wes, looks like you are having some fun! driving.gif

Now get out there and fix your fence!

Wes V
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 05:17 PM) *

Now get out there and fix your fence!

Not my fence!! It's across the alley.

(I'm amazed how photos get picked apart on this site. Nothing gets by!!)

Wes
championgt1
beerchug.gif
sww914
Heavy Drip Check is a seam sealer. It's fairly liquid as far as seam sealers go. It's used to fill small gaps between panels that are welded together to keep water out. It goes on after the primer. It shrinks quite a bit so it's not good for filling gaps over about 3/32", but it's shrinkage makes it pretty subtle.
neo914-6
so..........what's the status? laugh.gif

nice work, I like that dolly! Wish I had concrete floor to work on...
roadster fan
Nice Job Wes! Congratulations!

Truth be told I sit in my tub every so often just to make Vroom Vroom sounds, imagining what the 6 will sound like. You have yours to a point you can do the same whenever you get the urge. Priceless.

Keep us posted on the progress, we are watching intently. sure that isnt your fence? laugh.gif

Jim
Wes V
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 25 2008, 11:39 AM) *

Now my first thought was that this comment was payback for bugging you about Neo updates, but;

If you really care, here is a link to my web site.

My Webpage

Please keep in mind that it's a MTTM project (more time than money). That's why a 2.7t is just a "wish" at this point in time.

Wes
neo914-6
QUOTE(Wes V @ Aug 25 2008, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 25 2008, 11:39 AM) *

Now my first thought was that this comment was payback for bugging you about Neo updates, but;

If you really care, here is a link to my web site.

My Webpage

Please keep in mind that it's a MTTM project (more time than money). That's why a 2.7t is just a "wish" at this point in time.

Wes

I checked out your website, performanceforum.com and like your Honda. My only new car purchase was a great '89 Civic Si. beerchug.gif

no prob on the bugging, it got me working on creating a schedule...
Wes V
The "performanceforum.com" location belongs to a friend of mine that lets me use it as I wish. He also owns "chevelles.com" and camaros.net". One of my prior "builds" was a 64 Chevelle 2 door wagon and I wrote a whole bunch of stuff for the GM sites.

IPB Image

The 89 Honda was a lot of fun!! I got to hang out with a whole bunch of 24'ish guys and some are the future of car building (I'm 55). There is talent out there playing with Hondas!

IPB Image

The Honda looked stock, but had a CARB approved Acura GSR drivetrain. About 190 horse power. The hub caps hide mag rims. Etc, etc. It started as an SI, which is funny due to the fact that all SI's had sun roofs. I did a complete roof swap in order to have it look more like a base model.

Close to 25 years prior to that, I did a 71 Datsun 510;

IPB Image

Wes
craig downs
Those are some nice looking cars. That Chevelle is bitchen.
You don't see any 510s like that anymore because most all of them were turned into
rally cars.
LarryR
cool, it looks like it is really shaping up. Mine has no seats in it so I cant say the same smile.gif I will consider it a milestone when I can sit in mine as well.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Wes,
Nice automotive resume. With that sort of "kraftwerke", I'm certain that your 914 will be be a stunner.

Oh, us data-base types see that there is no VIN listed on our 914 Info page for your car as yet. Any chance you could add your cars' vital statistics to our rolls (VIN, chassis #, color code, build date)?

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.