Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice Car on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about another teener... just gathering facts on a six conversion.

This car is currently listed, it looks to be a first rate job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280257914205

Even with my free labor I don't think I can build one for the buy it now price they've listed?

Any opinions are appreciated!
sixnotfour
Guess you didnt see this one ;sold in 2 days
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87240

looks nice , if you like the color.

angerosa
Look at the last picture. Is that oil drips on the muffler?
shaggy
dosent look like the hood fits too well either...
KELTY360
I've really got no business critiquing a /6 conversion....but that's never stopped me in the past biggrin.gif .

1st, it's got no heat. That may be ok in the desert, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you tell The General, "oh, by the way......"

2nd, I don't like the oil cooler placement. I really like the look and function of the GT style cooler with the cutout in the bumper. The layout on that car looks to really impact front trunk space, but that may not be a concern to you.

Not real excited about the stance either.

Also, will a car you buy have to meet the standard you set with the green car....even if it isn't finished? shades.gif Maybe you should buy it so we can have a Teener Tuesday and pick it apart some more - kinda take the pressure off the green car. stirthepot.gif
greenie
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 24 2008, 07:22 PM) *

I've really got no business critiquing a /6 conversion....but that's never stopped me in the past biggrin.gif .

1st, it's got no heat. That may be ok in the desert, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you tell The General, "oh, by the way......"

2nd, I don't like the oil cooler placement. I really like the look and function of the GT style cooler with the cutout in the bumper. The layout on that car looks to really impact front trunk space, but that may not be a concern to you.

Not real excited about the stance either.

Also, will a car you buy have to meet the standard you set with the green car....even if it isn't finished? shades.gif Maybe you should buy it so we can have a Teener Tuesday and pick it apart some more - kinda take the pressure off the green car. stirthepot.gif

Hi Marc drunk.gif

Someone posts multiple pictures of their car on this club, we'll find something wrong ...

I'm just starting to explore a new project, the fun for me is spending the hours in the garage, figuring out all this stuff, making it right.

My question ( it's probably been answered before) can I even get close to $22K building it myself?

By the way... after you guys inspected Greenie she's a POS....Craig said he would give me $2500.00 for her and I was tempted to take it...

KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 09:55 PM) *

By the way... after you guys inspected Greenie she's a POS....Craig said he would give me $2500.00 for her and I was tempted to take it...

Oh hell, I'd give you $6K....afterall that's what I offered for a green '73 2.0 on a thread earlier today. santa_smiley.gif

As for reproducing that build for $23k, I'd guess you could get pretty close without including labor. If you look at the listing, it's a solid, basic restoration/conversion: interior, brakes, suspension, paint, engine. No real frills or fancy bodywork or paint. The most exotic aspect is the 3.2. Some of those items would likely be addressed in your starter car. JMVHO.
sixnotfour
no heat and carbs .
here's a little inspiration
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 06:06 PM) *

Hi Guys,

Even with my free labor I don't think I can build one for the buy it now price they've listed?

I dunno Curt... I could have a DAMN NICE car for $23K and free labor.

Disclaimer: I have not done a /6 conversion, and I have never driven my own 914. biggrin.gif

Is this car EXACTLY what you want, or are you going to throw even more $$ at making it what you want?

I agree with Kelty360, the oil cooler is a crap job. Makes me wonder what other shortcuts might be there...

I don't think it's for you (at least not at the buy it now price). I think you'd be happier doing your own. Even if you end up putting a few more $$ into it.
greenie
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Aug 24 2008, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 06:06 PM) *

Hi Guys,

I dunno Curt... I could have a DAMN NICE car for $23K and free labor.

Disclaimer: I have not done a /6 conversion, and I have never driven my own 914. biggrin.gif

Is this car EXACTLY what you want, or are you going to throw even more $$ at making it what you want?

I agree with Kelty360, the oil cooler is a crap job. Makes me wonder what other shortcuts might be there...

I don't think it's for you (at least not at the buy it now price). I think you'd be happier doing your own. Even if you end up putting a few more $$ into it.

You pretty well summed it up for me on this one Todd.

The bidding ended...way short of his target price apparenttly... sure looks like a nice car though.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(greenie @ Aug 24 2008, 07:06 PM) *

Hi Guys,

Looks like the market pretty much chimed in on what it's worth today. I do like the color.

Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.