Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to Establish Price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I am going to sell a 1973 body with title that I have had in the garage for 15 years. Here is the details:

factory steel flares installed: buttwelded and filled with lead and skimmed
front fender seams filled with lead and skimmed
new trunk hinge mounts
new battery tray assembly
10 piece strenghting kit

Good:
Body is straight and never been hit (ding around drivers headlight bucket)
2.0 L car with factory app group and stabilzer bars
good longs
minimal floor pan rust
minimal back wall rust
minimal trunk rust
hell hole is good but patched only in the bottom

Bad:
Needs triangles
right suspension arm has been repaired
passenger side pan and bottom of long need repair
split in inside long by handbrake
front fender rust
bottom pass door jam

What is a fair price?
914Sixer
More pictures of bad:
914Sixer
No opinions?
Rusty
Hi Mark,

Is this just for the roller or does it have a drivetrain?

-Rusty
Joe Bob
You're going to lose just selling the body....specially since the rust wasn't repaired prior to the paint.
ericread
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 25 2008, 08:04 AM) *

You're going to lose just selling the body....specially since the rust wasn't repaired prior to the paint.

Unfortunately, agree.gif

As a result of the long issues, I would bet you won't get more than a few hundred dollars out of the tub. Which is really too bad, as the money spent on the flares has to be way above that.

sad.gif

Eric Read
Joe Bob
I just did a suspension ear repair on a 914/6 The rack time and parts ran me $1500.00.
IronHillRestorations
I'd opine it's somewhere between $1000-$2000, which doesn't tell you much, and I'm sure you've got more than that into flairs and paint.

I'd flog the body guy for painting a car way before all the work is done. You just can't leave that kind of rust and then paint the car. There's just too much backing up to make the chassis right. With all that leftover rust, I'm thinking "how good and correct is the suspension console repair?" Sure it could be perfect, but the remaining rust holes will cause speculation. Regardless how well the flairs were put on, the undones will over rule.

Good luck!
914Sixer
Car was left in limbo at one point due to wifes death. It sat outside for a year under a tarp, the rust appeared at that time. I never really noticed the suspenion arm repair until last year. I am at a crossroads with car. I will need to repair the rust and pay for another paint job. So far I have $4.5k in paint and body work not counting the price of the car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.